SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 04:42:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hot drink vendors  (Read 2420 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: October 23, 2006, 02:23:39 pm »

Hi all,

I might finally have my squaretop sold to a friend, so I'm contemplating another machine to take its place (when I can afford it)..

At first I was thinking a V56 or 63 because they're small and light little machines..  but now the cooler weather is upon us I was wondering about hot chocolate/coffee machines..

I was wondering are they big heavy monsters or can you find them fairly compact ?  I mean the upright ones that are simmilar in size/shape to a soda machine.. not the countertop variety..

Also what kind of price would I expect to pay ?  Basically I'm looking for something compact and in fair shape for under $200..  (by fair shape I mean no exterior rust or holes - a little surface rust inside is no prob)

I had thought about popcorn machines too.. but they seem to be pricey and very complicated with a lot of mechanical parts..  (electrical I can do, but mechanically I'm not so skilled)

I'm in Ontario Canada, so if I did find a machine it would have to be close to the NY border..  MI might be a possibility also..  

Is it cheaper to pay gas money, etc and have the seller drive up or is it better to go with someone like NAVL ?

Is it possible to have a machine shipped via air freight and then couriered from the airport to your door ? (in the winter it's close to a 3hr drive to the airport and I don't drive so I have to convince someone to lend me their time and vehicle)

Chris

P.S. Is there such a thing as a hot AND cold vendor ? (ie. soda and hot-chocolate or something)

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:21:55 pm »

Not to burst your bubble  but a coffee/hot choclate machine would require a water line hookup, similar to  running a line to a freezer  for the automatic ice maker.
depending on the machine, I've seen it grind coffe beans, or be filled with instant coffee, the chocatate is usually a powder mix. This would require  purchasing from a vending compqany.   If it is powder, also factor in spoilage  unless you are a major coffee  addict, and all the neighbors come over 3 -4 times a day for a few cups.

I haven't seen a hot/cold beverage dispenser, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 06:47:25 pm »

Moyer Dieble (unsure of spelling) out of Canada made a hot and cold beverage machine I believe the model number was ch2002 or something close. When I first started in vending 20 years ago they were around.

It was a post mix soda machine with freeze dried coffee. They were ahead of there time and the electronics didn't hold up well.
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 07:24:20 pm »

(Kilroy @ Oct. 23 2006,5:21)
Not to burst your bubble  but a coffee/hot choclate machine would require a water line hookup, similar to  running a line to a freezer  for the automatic ice maker.
depending on the machine, I've seen it grind coffe beans, or be filled with instant coffee, the chocatate is usually a powder mix. This would require  purchasing from a vending compqany.   If it is powder, also factor in spoilage  unless you are a major coffee  addict, and all the neighbors come over 3 -4 times a day for a few cups.

I haven't seen a hot/cold beverage dispenser, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I just want it as a novelty really..  I don't plan on filling it and using it too often..  although I had thought about putting it inside the local corner store.. (they have soda machines out front, but they don't have a hot drink machine)

I'm not worried about the cost of products right now, just the cost of the machine itself..
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 07:25:38 pm »

(vend_dr @ Oct. 23 2006,7:47)
Moyer Dieble (unsure of spelling) out of Canada made a hot and cold beverage machine I believe the model number was ch2002 or something close. When I first started in vending 20 years ago they were around.

It was a post mix soda machine with freeze dried coffee. They were ahead of there time and the electronics didn't hold up well.

Cool.. I'll look that up.. I'm curious to see how it worked and what it looked like..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: