SMC Discussion Areas
September 17, 2024, 07:38:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New toy  (Read 6175 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 05:38:45 am »

Thats cool! I've seen those inflatable screens around alot more lately. I think Walmart has one that is pretty inexpensive and had some decent reviews. Could you hear the fan running to keep the air in the framework? I love the popcorn machine.. very nice touch. We have a small airpop unit that we are going to fire up for the next night, but this one it was a last minute thought, so microwave popcorn it was...

Out of curiosity, what did something like that cost to get someone to come in and do it? Are there any legal issues or licensing issues for showing movies in public like that? Technically, dvd's are meant for private, home use only. I would have never thought about that, but I saw some comments on another forum about it...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 06:42:29 am »

The blower was pretty quiet and definitely could not be heard during the movie. The sound system was very good.  For the movie, set up and take down, popcorn machine and popcorn/bags, extra for travel since they are 2 1/2 hours away, and paying for a raindate was around $800, which isn't bad I don't think for a community event.  The license to show a movie varies by the movie and I think depends on whether or not you are charging and profiting. We didn't charge for the movie, but did charge .50 for popcorn or pop.  Their website is funflicks.com

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 01:46:16 pm »

I came across this site with some old intro's from drive in movie theaters... Some are pretty cool.. here is an old one from Lucky Strikes..

http://ia310114.us.archive.org/0....8_2.mpg

Someone posted a search for intermissions, and there is 57 different clips..

http://www.archive.org/search.....eAds%22

I am going to try to set up a bunch of these and play a startup disk before the movie starts... I am really getting into this outdoor setup. We've had 2 movie nights so far, and everyone has had a blast. The 2nd showing was Rock and Roll High School.... the kids all loved it. My neighbors across the way said they could here the sound clear as day, but couldn't see the screen cause of the angle. I had about 20 people for the 2nd night.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 02:03:27 pm »

Thanks for passing that along. Some of those are great!  But juicy pickles at a movie?  Anyhow, we might show one or two before our next outdoor movie.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 06:35:54 pm »

There is a whole forum I found on backyard theaters... http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php?

I thought I was crazy for doing this... After spending some time on that site, I am not near as crazy as I thought. There is some really cool things out there for this stuff....

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: