SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 09:02:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Different paint finishes  (Read 3932 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: June 17, 2006, 10:51:56 am »

Okay, this may sound a silly question but I'm a bit flumuxed by the different types of paint finish for machines.

I have striped my V-56 and have taken it to a bodyshop for some of the work to be carried out.

First job is the sandblast and welding. That's being taken care of. The place that I have taken it to does "powder coating".

What exactly is powder coating??? Is it what I want for the outside of my machine. My V-39 has some sort of a coating on it that I always thought was powder coating. It glossy and almost plasticy. I have heard you guys talking about powder coating shelves etc but never the outside.

If powder coating is the way to go the company that currently have the machine have said that they can only do it in one colour because of the baking process. How do I achieve the two tone effect??

If its not powder coating I want could some plse point me in the right direction.

Alos, does anyone have to hand the colour code that I can supply to the workshop??

Sorry chaps I know its an idiot question But as they say on "Who wants to be a millionaire" - Its only easy if you know the answer.

Cheers

Dave
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 06:09:38 pm »

Dave,

The color codes can be found here....

Paint Codes

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 10:46:03 pm »

Powder coating is just that... they charge the metal to where the plastic powder
draws to it like a magnet and the run it through a big 'ol oven where it is baked (melted)
on... I personally wouldn't do that to the 56. though it would be good for your gas pump base
and its inner frame.
Some powder coat the machines liners (tub) but it would haver to be stripped/blasted first cause powder coating won't stick to the galvanized liner.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: