SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 10:56:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinball convention  (Read 2028 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: April 15, 2006, 08:17:46 am »

There is a pinball wizzards convention coming into my area a few weeks from now. I don't know how big a circuit it is, but are these shows worthwhile? They charge $15 to get in the door and $6 for kids... I don't think I am ready to buy a pin yet, but it would be fun to go I think.. When is the best time to attend one of these shows??

http://www.pinballwizardsconv.com/index.html

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:48:06 am »

Seems a lot better priced than the Chicago one.  I went to the Chicago show a few years ago.  It was fun to play the different games and I bought some parts.  Plus, it's a great way to show kids how much fun the older machines (60's and 70's) can be (and you can see what kind of machine you want to get in the future).  I would think later in the day would be a good time to go if you don't want crowds.  Make sure you let us know how it was.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 03:35:13 pm »

I go to this show almost every year, about 20 minutes away. The show is definatley worth the price of admission for all the pinball machines that are on display and for play. You can play for free all day on all the different machines. Outside flea market is a crap shoot however sometimes good sometimes not so good. Best time to go is Saturday morning by Sunday alot of machines broken or sold. Also gets very hot inside!!

cmc
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 06:45:36 pm »

Cool... I wasn't sure if I had to go on Friday night when it opened, or if Sat was good. I may have to go, bring the kids, and leave the wife home Wink

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: