SMC Discussion Areas
July 05, 2024, 05:54:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weighing a squaretop  (Read 2195 times)
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« on: April 17, 2006, 03:10:46 pm »

How do you guys get the weight of an item for shipping ? Is it physical weight or cubic weight ? The latter is easy.. but I don't own a truck so physical weight is probably impossible.. (was thinking weighbridge.. weigh the truck first without the machine, then with it, and work out the difference)
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 06:34:45 pm »

How close do you need to get?  If it's for shipping most of them work off increments of 100lbs or greater.  So I just use the weights posted in the machines section here and add 30lbs (conservative) for pallet & cardboard.  If you're building a crate you'll need to add more.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 07:04:42 pm »

I'm not looking to ship immediately.. just was curious how to get the right weight when I do..  do I just tell the shipping company it's approx 200 - 250lbs ? (ie. they don't weight it to confirm)

My machine isn't listed.. it's a Cornelius squaretop and I can find zero information on it..  plate says it was made in Toronto/Rexdale Ontario, but the cornelius company (IMI Cornelius) has no record of it.. (these days they only deal glass front fridges and soda fountains)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 07:19:18 pm »

Most vending machines, ( well maybe not a Vendo de-capper!) are a class 85 shipment, & the weight of the machine, you'll have to add 50lbs for the pallet & crating also (if they require it, crating that is) I've shipped 99% of all my machines this way.  cardboarded & shrink wrapped, NEVER tell them it's an antique ANYTHING, as most shippers wont ship antiques. or charge you an arm & a leg to do so.

Basically if it fits on a standard pallet (no overhang) & is less than 7 feet tall, and less than 999lbs. it'll qualify for class 85
(one of the cheapest freight classes) hope this simplifies things a bit for you... ':p'

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: