SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 02:20:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey birdman!!  (Read 1993 times)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« on: December 12, 2005, 06:09:45 am »

Dave,
Just wanted to see if you and your family are okay!!  Sounds like the damage from the terminal refinerary explosions was pretty widespread.  Hope you're okay!

Eric

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 07:44:30 am »

Hi Eric
was not sure that this would have made news across the pond. Its big news here. Has been billed as the biggest fire in Europe since World War 2.

I live about 20 miles from it, much closer as the crow flies and the sky was completely black at one time. I didn't hear the explosion but people more than 100 miles away reported hearing it.

Was listening on the radio a while ago and the Fire chief says the next couple of hours are critical. They have ten of the twenty containers out but are not sure about the others.

Obviously the biggest fear was a terrorist attack but by the sounds of it it was just a terrible accident. Mind you they did initially say that the London Bombs were accidents. What makes me think tat this was not pre-planned was the time of day. 6am on a Sunday is not the optimum time to strike.

So apart from a black garden we're fine thanks. Nice to see you back in the swing on the forum. All we need now is Markito to drop by and things will be back to normal.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: