SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 02:43:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for coin mech!  (Read 3381 times)
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:06:15 am »

Looking for the correct coin mech for this machine, the one that was in it is NOT the correct unit. (The coin drop is on the wrong side of the mechanism for this machine). Right now, I've rigged it up for Free Play...But I would like to get it all set up right.

Also, need to charge the compressor, I assume. The compressor comes on for about 10 min per hour, but all lines are hot, and the unit does not cool.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:15:59 am »

lrvman,
We'd love to help, but we don't know what machine it is.
Please add the machine's model number as well as the brand/number of the coin mech that is currently in it.

Also, we'd LOVE to see photos of everything.

Take care.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 10:27:21 am »

The machine model is a ChoiceVend CVC-374, The coin unit currently installed is a National Rejectors unit, There is a sticker with 1-15-053 and 1-79-21 on it. Beyond that I don't know much more.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 11:21:32 am »

Hey Irv. In your other post you said the lower fan motor was not working.  It's only purpose is to cool the compressor. An overload switch will shut the compressor off until it has cooled.  
       Unplug and let machine cool.  Temporarily stuff a rag in the evaporator to stop the upper fan. Plug in and hold your hand on the compressor to see if it starts and runs.  If so hold your hand on the upper cooling coils to feel if they start to frost up. If they do, then slide the compressor deck out, and replace the fanmotor.
        With no lower fan motor, don't run more than 10 min. and don't forget about the rag.

Glen
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 12:35:39 am »

You have the right coin mechansim for that machine--- Turn the slug rejector around.    You may have it in Backwards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 10:11:58 am »

Oh, Dear Lord! It was in backwards! That's the way I got it, duhhh!
Guess I gotta add lots more nickels to get the correct change only light to go off. Got about 60 cents in there now, but the light stays on. Slug rejector hates dimes, but quarters and nickels work fine. Now I can take the freeplay switch out of line, and keep my kids from drinking all of the soda for free. heh!

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: