SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:09:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wallbox springs  (Read 5150 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: June 22, 2016, 07:11:57 pm »

Does anyone know where to buy torsion springs for a Seeburg wallbox?  I ordered two from Victory Glass in Iowa and the two springs are way bigger than the originals.  I would like to get the correct sized springs but dont know any other vendor.  The two on the top are the replacement springs.  The two on the bottom are the original broken springs.

I saw a site in Europe.  I'll write them to see if they have the correct size.  The diameter of the originals were 1/4".

Thanks.

Larry.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:22:34 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 07:45:00 pm »

Hey Larry,
Think Tom had success making springs from scratch. Those don't look hard.
Creighton
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 08:44:21 pm »

Does anyone know where to buy torsion springs for a Seeburg wallbox?  I ordered two from Victory Glass in Iowa and the two springs are way bigger than the originals.  I would like to get the correct sized springs but dont know any other vendor.  The two on the top are the replacement springs.  The two on the bottom are the original broken springs.

I saw a site in Europe.  I'll write them to see if they have the correct size.  The diameter of the originals were 1/4".

Thanks.

Larry.
[/quote

You could try A 1 Jukebox in Baltimore.  They have a very nice selection of Seeburg parts!
Jcarter168
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 12:38:24 pm »

I ordered some page springs for a Wurlitzer wallbox from that site in the Netherlands and they were 1/4 of the cost of Victory Glass.  Not only that but they arrived in about a week and shipping was only 2 Euro.  Choose NL post as your shippping method I believe. 

Vendo 81D Original x2
VMC 110 Pepsi
Vendo 63 Dr. Pepper Queen Anne (Cans)
Cavalier CS-80E
Cavalier C-55D
Cavalier CS-64ES
Cavalier CSS-64FS
Westinghouse WC-102MD x2
Selectivend 9A Dr. Pepper original
Selectivend 1A Dr. Pepper, 7up, RC
SureVend Pepsi P-47
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:50:32 pm »

Hey Larry,
I can make those.
If you want to mail me one or get me measurements (wire diameter, number of coils, length of arms, outside diameter of the coil). Easiest is to have the spring in hand. I can get them done fairly quickly unless you need 100's; however, not at home now. PM me if interested!
Tom

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 11:47:58 am »

The ones from Victory Glass are fine, I just bought a thicker spacer to match the spring.  I figure it will keep the spring from shifting.  I think a thicker one would've have worked better, but I tried to keep it proportional to the original.  So I used similar sized spacer per spring size.

Victory Glass was such a rip off.  Spring cost were the same anywhere I looked.  I decided to buy two so I would have a spare.  I had to buy three sets because they had a minimum of $25.00 per order.  Then they charged me $10.00 to ship six springs.  So it was $40.00 for the springs. 

I wasn't sure if I had to put a revolution on the spring or not.  One spring I just attached and it closes by itself because it creates enough tension to spring it back, but the other spring is weak.  I had to give it one revolution.  It snaps back.  When I just put it on without winding it once, it closed half way.  I don't remember which one, top/bottom, it was but if it was 90 degrees offset, it would work better.

It's all good.  I took the wall box apart, figured it out, now I have to test it.  All my solenoids were in the wrong position.  Oo  They're good now.  biggrin

A lot of stuff.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »

The ones from Victory Glass are fine, I just bought a thicker spacer to match the spring.  I figure it will keep the spring from shifting.  I think a thicker one would've have worked better, but I tried to keep it proportional to the original.  So I used similar sized spacer per spring size.

Victory Glass was such a rip off.  Spring cost were the same anywhere I looked.  I decided to buy two so I would have a spare.  I had to buy three sets because they had a minimum of $25.00 per order.  Then they charged me $10.00 to ship six springs.  So it was $40.00 for the springs. 

I wasn't sure if I had to put a revolution on the spring or not.  One spring I just attached and it closes by itself because it creates enough tension to spring it back, but the other spring is weak.  I had to give it one revolution.  It snaps back.  When I just put it on without winding it once, it closed half way.  I don't remember which one, top/bottom, it was but if it was 90 degrees offset, it would work better.

It's all good.  I took the wall box apart, figured it out, now I have to test it.  All my solenoids were in the wrong position.  Oo  They're good now.  biggrin

I stopped ordering from them a few years ago for this very reason. 
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 12:05:27 am »

Glad you got in sorted out Larry!
In the future, keep me in mind!
I can make almost any spring and can tweak them too. Increasing the wire diameter makes them stronger as does more coils, but space is always an issue in either case.
Tom

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 05:47:31 am »

Thanks Tom.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: