SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 07:27:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicagoland pics ???  (Read 6524 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 02:07:40 pm »

I too failed to take photos and post them...for that I'm sorry.  for those of us that go regularly we don't mean to sound "DOWN" on the show, it's just the same type of stuff each year.. and to say there where no deals there, has to be taken in stride as well?
were their Vendo 81's for $500, and Rare Pepsi VMC 81's for 1000 .. of course not... but pending what your looking for you can find ALOT of things for sale at prices high and low..
I think for several of us that have amassed collections, it's hard to find that Unique or special item, so the show often gets a bad rap...

but for someone starting out and looking to acquire some nice items or maybe that one nice piece... there are several to chose from for sure.

so as far as not taking pictures.. from my end there is nothing I needed to photograph...

For sharing, yes I guess that would have been nice , but just dont' think if it while walking around.

I still manage to walk around for 5 plus hours and love looking at all the variety of things for sale... and keep telling myself "hey that is cool, but I really don't need it." but if $$ where no object you could ammas a super cool collection of things at just one show!

so if you have not attend, do make sure to do it someday and you'll have a great time and find something to take home...

and as others have said, it has turned into a great place to "Meet" and have some quality time with members and friends of the hobby! 

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 03:17:37 pm »

That would be a great place to film a couple of episodes of Pickers.

Glen
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 07:44:40 pm »

Still haven't made it to a show. I usually watch the walk throughs on YouTube and drool. But hearing that most deals are done before they get there, would hate to make the trek and hear "sorry". Maybe one day I'll make it out there, at the very least to meet people from here.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 10:13:58 pm »

I would agree 100% with John (Signguy). I go to the show to see old friends and meet new collectors as well as look for that item I've always wanted. Usually I end up taking something home I wasn't looking for thanks to Matt! Three years in a row he's found something interesting for me to buy. Haha. You do see some unique items but the more selective you become with your collection the harder it is to find things there. So I say its a must for everyone to attend whether new collector or old. You just never know what may be there. I did post a couple pics on my facebook of the show. The re sizing pics thing on here is kind of time consuming. Sorry

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn