SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 07:49:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Backyard theater  (Read 3131 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: May 31, 2015, 01:16:35 am »

Been setting up what I call my "home drive-in" outside during the summer for the past 3 year and thought you guys would like to see a few pictures. Project started with two drive-in speakers that I got from the drive-in and every year I kept adding more and more to complete the drive-in experience. Now have a concession stand with a popcorn machine and warmer, hot dog roller (just a small home version) a coffee hot plate that I use for hot chocolate, and a premix fountain machine.

Anyone else on here do the backyard theater thing? It's a lot of fun

Ross
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 03:22:38 am »

Nice setup.  Look like fun.  I have been thinking about doing one.

Westinghouse WE-6
Vendo V-110
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 03:41:14 am »

Hey SB,
You have nailed that. Very very cool. Lot of hard work has paid off. Want to do the same just no time. Owe you an email. Will do that when get back home.
Creighton
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 04:13:34 am »

Awesome setup. Congrats

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 12:12:42 pm »

Thanks guys! It's been a lot of work putting it together. Still need to rebuild the screen support to make it stand up better in the wind. Right now it's just a wooden base that holds the screen with a single pole going up the middle and when the wind blows too hard it turns into a sail and topples over. I also need to find a cup dispenser and something to hold the lids. Having a hard time keeping the sleeve of cups on the counter when there's a breeze since they are foam.
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

great set up enjoy
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:00:48 pm »

That is awesome. What a great idea with the popcorn. I'm planning a party in a few weeks and renting one of the inflatable ones. Thanks to a members recent post on here. happydrinkers Have a great time.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 05:56:13 pm »

That is awesome. What a great idea with the popcorn. I'm planning a party in a few weeks and renting one of the inflatable ones. Thanks to a members recent post on here. happydrinkers Have a great time.

Thanks. I've been trying over the years to buy the same or similar equipment that the I-70 drive-in in Kansas City has and they have a warmer similar to that in the concession stand. I found that one on ebay while trying to find another model and I liked the light up sign so I got it. It's one of the best things I've added to the setup. It's big enough to hold a couple boxes of pizza (we have had two of those pizza hut big dinner boxes on it one night). Also like how it has a seperate light and heating element switch so I can shut the light off if it becomes too big of a bug magnet and still keep the food warm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: