SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 04:57:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EXTREMELY RARE 1954 CAVALIER 102 COKE MACHINE  (Read 9404 times)
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 09:23:53 pm »

Hi Jeff. I was at Bobs auction too. Lots of nice stuff.

Yes there was.

Those two double visables brought big money.

I was eyeing up the little Wayne 100. It ended up going for around $2700.

Shackelton had an auction Saturday as well.

BK SuperAuction looked like a much better slection and only an hour further for me.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 01:22:35 am »

And now back to the 102. Fuel pumps while they are cool, start a new thread in chit chat please.
I was lucky to see the one Moondawg sold. Great restoration! Think the white/black was based on one photo from the deep south in the 40/50's. My bet they were used in factories for the most part.
Creighton

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 07:22:56 am »

I happened to meet a former Coca Cola executive who has a 102 at his summer home.  He obtained it when they were being pulled from service and he had the maintenance guys in his vending department to a full refurbishment on the machine before he took it home.  Would love to get my hands on that one.

Not to bring up gas pumps.  laugh Cool biggrin But it was my understanding that this machine was originally designed to sit on the pump island at the gas station so people on either side of the pump could buy a Coke without walking around to the other side of the machine.  Could be wrong  but it makes sense to me.

drinking Tim drinking
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 09:32:28 am »

I happened to meet a former Coca Cola executive who has a 102 at his summer home.  He obtained it when they were being pulled from service and he had the maintenance guys in his vending department to a full refurbishment on the machine before he took it home.  Would love to get my hands on that one.

Not to bring up gas pumps.  laugh Cool biggrin But it was my understanding that this machine was originally designed to sit on the pump island at the gas station so people on either side of the pump could buy a Coke without walking around to the other side of the machine.  Could be wrong  but it makes sense to me.

drinking Tim drinking

Tim, this is what I understand as well, it was made for service stations to sit on Gas Pump Islands so while people where pumping gas, they could buy a coke right there as well. Great Product placement by Coke at the time..

With all the fantasy machines being "made" it could be a fun project to make a Vendo 162 , Weld To Vendo 81's together...  or how bout a Vendo 78 , 2 Vendo 39's back to back....  glare Oo biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 09:45:02 am »

drinking Tim drinking
I hadn't heard the gas station explanation until today. It makes perfect sense and a much better one than the black/white thing as far as business sense goes.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 11:18:20 am »

I thought they were Irish machines for Protestants and Catholics.  Gas station sounds the best so far.

A lot of stuff.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 12:43:20 pm »

I thought they were designed for lunch rooms, vending twice the amount of product in a very short amount of time.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 02:46:42 pm »

I thought they were designed for lunch rooms, vending twice the amount of product in a very short amount of time.
Glen could be used for that as well, or any high volume area as long as you had access to both sides and not up against a wall...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: