SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 05:04:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding it difficult to kill a coke machine.  (Read 3569 times)
Ben
5 Cent Member

« on: March 29, 2015, 11:49:56 am »

I was visiting my brother in Bryan Texas this weekend and compulsively checking CraigsList when I saw this Cavalier CS 96-E for 30 bucks. I have a cavalier 64 that is missing some bottle gates, so I convinced my wife to let me buy it and haul back home. Her condition was that I get the parts I need and take the rest to recycling. So, I get it home and plug it in and it kind of works... It vends, one of the fluorescent bulbs lights up.  OK, so the cooling system blows hot air and the case is rusted through on the bottom... I think, this could be a learning experience.... Then I look at four other projects I haven't started and will probably never finish and know I need to harvest the parts and put this one down. it just seems wrong.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:09:13 pm »

Get what parts you need and see if anyone else could use some parts to get your $30 back...
Look at it as It helps other machines live on... but sometimes they gotta be put down. I've sent a few rust buckets to the scrap yard
after getting all that could be salvaged from them... A lot of machines out there are complete now.
For $30 that was a good save.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:38:22 pm »

That coin door is the prize of the haul!   happydrinkers
        It has the very desireable chrome end caps the coin entry face and will fit any 64.
        It's an excellent replacement for those machines with woodgrain doors and the large chrome or black faceplates.

Glen
Ben
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 12:56:27 pm »

Good to know. I also noticed the shelves are the same. After the last post, I started taking it apart. Good practice for the other projects.  So, I think I'm over not wanting to part this one out.
Ben
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 07:07:58 pm »

CS-96E 397349  RIP
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 07:57:33 pm »

See if you have a scrap yard near that will pay you for the metal/weight...

Eric

WANTED:
Ben
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 08:04:07 pm »

I do. I'm taking it with a load of other metal parts. More cash for my coke fund...
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 08:09:53 pm »

Had to do the same thing with pretty much the same machine a while back, I needed a compressor for another Cavalier and $100 was a good price for the whole machine.  Got the 12 shelves out of it plus the light up sign and a few other parts, basically made the compressor free. 

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:00 pm »

You did well then.. lots of parts and some cash back...Now, onto the next machine! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: