SMC Discussion Areas
June 27, 2024, 07:24:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heintz gullwing weight?  (Read 3407 times)
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« on: December 27, 2014, 04:20:10 pm »

I am considering getting a gullwing to restore. I only need the weight of it to check shipping. Anybody know how much it weighs empty?  It has the motor in it. Thanks

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

Well I don't drink Coca-Cola, but I sure like an old moonshine - Tom Petty
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 04:24:54 pm »

The Walters Book doesn't list a weight.  I would just give an approximate weight between 250-300 lbs.  if yours is the model with compressor go on the higher end of the scale...

Most shipping companies have a flat rate charge for weight this Gullwing should not be a problem!!
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 04:29:57 pm »

I was considering using the uship shipping wars show site. I will check the shipping with other companies. Thank you.

He wear no shoeshine,  He got toe jam football, He got monkey finger, He shoot Coca Cola, He say I know you, you know me, One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, Come together, right now, Over me - Beatles

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »

I was considering using the uship shipping wars show site. I will check the shipping with other companies. Thank you.

UShip is great! My best results are usually within a couple state radius.  Anything across country is hit or miss in my experience!
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 04:45:41 pm »

It's got to go from Arkansas to socal or Arizona...

coinopgullwing
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 08:16:12 pm »

Strap to a pallet with a compressor in it weighs almost 300. I had one shipped from canada to Kansas back in 2000. Yes it was a coin op one. Later I will look thru paperwork to find out the weight.

5-coin-op,1-ice gullwings, 2 pepsi Deepfreeze( 1 Bernitz top),mills 47B, AV 124, 5-1940's pepsi drum coolers,pepsi vmc 27,V-83, C-72, CD-12,1948 Frigidaire DD pepsi chest, thifty 3 case cooler,VMC SA144, (quikold-pepsi B500,1400wd,double cola1400wd) DD pepsi Ideal P-70,pepsi I-55,RC-55,S&S RC 1400
iggybu
5 Cent Member

My collection so far...!

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 08:58:25 pm »

I want your coin op! biggrin

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 10:05:46 pm »

If your looking at the one in hot springs and I know you are I've already stuck my finger through the lid, oh I mean looked it over! It wasn't worth loading onto my load. It was rough! Good luck!

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print