SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 09:32:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Original Vendo 56 finally found one!  (Read 7307 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 08:50:15 am »

Wonderful when an original machine even comes with nice decals and clean embossed letters.
         I agree with Tim, a machine like this gets more respect than a restored one.

Yes I am looking for a glass door for it as I do like the see through aspect of it. If anyone has one for sale let me know! Thanks.

I got your PM about a glass door. I had a square corner door for a 56 which is the same size, but a solid single pane looking window.
Round corner machines need the 2 pane look with the emblem in the center.
          The easiest way to go, is buy a new 56 door skin from Funtronics and cut glass and retainers to fit.
Unfortunately it would have to be painted, and that defeats the title of originality.
          If you want to add glass to your existing door, this is what I would do:
          Purchase a complete door from a squaretop, paint it rattlecan red and use it as a temporary.  (VMC 56 doors are wider, they will not work on your machine and those are all I have right now, sorry!)
         Remove the glass and hardware from the original, as well as the tin foil from the window areas
         Mask off outside painted surfaces well.
         Drill holes in the corners of the window areas to establish each radius.
         A jig saw can be used to cut from hole to hole. Grind and file your cut lines straight and smooth.
         Primer and spray red paint from the rear.
         Remove masking from front and fit in 3 piece glass assembly.

Very nice machine. happydrinkers

Glen
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 07:01:16 pm »

Congrats on the new addition.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 10:51:30 pm »

Great score. My favorite machine. I have a cut door may never use. Bunch of travel coming up so just email: cjs@lost-coast-designs.com
Creighton
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 05:31:42 pm »

Here are some pictures of my Vendo 56 before and after glass door conversion.  I have a Vendo 81 also so I was able to take that door apart and use as reference for the 56 door.  I used a dremel with cutoff disk and then filed the edges clean.  I bought the aluminum C-channel, plexiglass and weather stripping at Farm and Home Supply.  I had some spare glass that I cut also (2pieces of glass and 1 piece of plexiglass for door).  I have a few other pictures if you would like me to email them to you.  I was a little nervous before I started, but happy with the end result.
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 11:36:15 pm »

That glass door makes a huge difference. I think a must for the 56.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
mrbelvedere2

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 11:46:29 pm »

Wow phillip s you did a great job on that door!! I am just torn to even doing it since the machine is so nice and original...but I want that see through door!!! such a dilemma.....
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 08:30:53 am »

Very Nice

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: