SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 07:40:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay and PayPal got hacked. Reset your passwords!  (Read 2236 times)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« on: May 21, 2014, 12:36:52 pm »

Just found out eBay got hacked 2 months ago. Heard about it today.

eBay recommends resetting your eBay password. eBay says Paypal wasn't effected, but comment blogs say PayPal got hacked too.

Change them both to be safe.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/money/consumer/EBay-customers-must-reset-passwords-after-major-hack/26095062

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:50:48 pm »

Haha I wonder if eBay will jack up fees once again to makeup for their loss.

Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 08:32:54 pm »

Every time I hear of something like this, I'm reminded of eBay basically forcing PayPal on both buyers and sellers, insisting they did it because it was oh so much safer than mailing a check or money order. Yeah right, greedy morons.

but they certainly won't want to be responsible for the trouble their users get into as a result of this fiasco, though.

They'll even tell you whether your password is considered "safe enough" to suit them. That's very rich, considering this breach happened at their end.  darn

zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:59:53 am »

I sold a few things on eBay last week and now PayPal is holding the pending payment . This has never happened before ? The packages have been delivered and I still can't access my funds .

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 10:16:15 am »

They are doing some interesting scrutiny in panic mode. They have locked my account to 15 transactions because I set up an account for my father 3 years ago he never used and they are saying they are "related" because its the same IP address used. I showed him how to list an item, helped him sell 1-2 things, then he lost interest. Now his roommate started an account and they are relating that account to me also because it shares his address.

I went from power seller, to chump in 1 easy step! Called them up and unlocked it, but it just got locked again today. UG!

What you going to do?.... nothing, its a monopoly.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: