SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 12:53:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: antique vending, Al Huffman  (Read 5523 times)
Charlotte1

« on: February 17, 2014, 10:30:25 am »

Hello Everyone
I'm posting information so no one has to go through an Alan Huffman, Antique Vending situation. I have a Canadian Kelvinator wet machine that looks alot like a westinghouse 12 model. I contacted Al in Nov, 2012. He was to make me a retro fit unit to convert it from a wet machine to a dry. The cost was $800 USD. His website looked promising and nothing (at the time) came up negative on a google search.
I sent him the money through paypal. He said it was supposed to take 3-6 weeks.
While this time was passing , I restored the machine, waiting for the final piece. The cooling unit.
I didn't see anything from him till Sept, 2013. 2 electric fans and a s/s panel. The fans are approx $40 each off of amazon.
There were approx 60 texts and numerous phone calls to him regarding the work. Aprox %50 of these communications were returned.   
Nov, 2013, I filed a complaint with the NC BBB. He actually responded to the complaint stating the unit was to be shipped within a week.
Jan. 2014 nothing. I was able to get ahold of him and he stated that he was boxing it up and "should be out the door in the next couple of days".
Jan 20, 2014 another BBB complaint. This one is marked as unresolved.
Feb11, 2014, I have filed a complaint with the NC Bureau of Justice.
I have asked Al for either $500USD back or the unit. That would pay be $300 for the 2 fans and the s/s panel. Honestly, I don't trust him or his work but anything at this point would be good. I have always tried to be polite in my texts. Trying to keep my cool. I've thought about getting on a plane( I'm in Alberta , Canada) and flying to NC and meet him in person but it would be $1000.
I would cut my losses and get another company to make a unit but I'm worried that all of a sudden, out of the blue a unit might show up then I'd have 2.
This man should not be in business. I hope this tags on any searches and no one else gets hood winked into any business.
Sorry for the long story. 
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:44:43 pm »

You probably won't get a lot of responses.  As a site we are trying to get away from using the dicussion area as venting bad business platform.

There have been several members on here that have been effected by his poor business practices.

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,18954.0.html

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:16:57 pm »

Sorry for your trouble.. stick around this is a great site.... you will find some great restoration guys here... and an answer to about any question
you have to most any machine... A few members have just gone through what you have... search for older post using his name maybe they can give you
some advise.  Hope it all works out.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 11:46:13 pm »

Let's keep it positive. Welcome to the site. We all love pictures of anything you care to share or share any questions you might have regarding your machines.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Charlotte1

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:54:36 am »

Thanks to all for responding.
I am going to keep my fingers crossed!!!!
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 07:36:06 am »

Hope things work out.

This is a great site to research and learn from, not to mention the wealth of knowledge from the members. Who are ready to jump in and help you with issues with your machine.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:22 am »

I would also like to welcome you to the site. I'm in California now but originally from Calgary. Sure wish I was back there right now.  blush

There is a feature on this site that allows you to contact members individually. Please e-mail Marrazzo, I think he is in Edmonton.
He just had his issue resolved and would be happy to give you advice.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: