SMC Discussion Areas
September 19, 2024, 04:34:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally got to try a Mexican Coca-Cola  (Read 5405 times)
janeconsumer

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 09:24:45 am »

I don't see the taste as superior to the HFCS product, though the sugar stuff is probably healthier, at least relatively.

I'm new here, so I don't know if there is a general consensus here on HFCS vs. cane sugar, but reading your statement really surprised me! I've had HFCS Coke, Mexican Coke, and Canadian Coke. I find the Canadian Coke to be superior - it's still made with sugar and has a clean, crisp taste to it. Mexican Coke is good too, just makes me a little nervous drinking it (don't know what their water source is for it). But Coke with HFCS just gives me a distinctive, lingering aftertaste. I don't get an aftertaste with the sugar Cokes.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 10:33:46 am »

So if I understand you correctly, the machine is effectively full-time free vend, it's just not obvious?

You would have to have a solenoid at the bottom of the stack to push open the lower stack parts to free the lift gates. 

Commonly found in the Vendo 81 when they removed the vending cam and added a solenoid.  This allowed for higher prices, and electrical coin mechanism.

So, the current set up would need to have the lower stack parts would have to be removed on the can stack, to make free play.  The original mechanical coin mechanism is there for display.  But you could put a coin in, crank the handle and the coin would drop in the box.  The linkage arm in the inside would move but since the vending cam would not be present.  Normally when the crank handle is pushed down it would move the linkage arm and turn the vending cam from the inside to free the lift gates.

Jared
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 12:15:45 pm »

I tried the fanta grape , orange and Nehi cola did not like the taste of any of them

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest