SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 09:29:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found what I believe is a Dole Director machine.  (Read 1644 times)
Detroit Dave
10 Cent Member

« on: July 11, 2013, 07:18:07 pm »

Well like I stated in my intro post..I am a guy who finds stuff EVERYWHERE because my job takes me so many places..and yes you NEED to carry a gun when you do.!! Well I was making a delivery when I see a few guys standing around an old building getting to start demo..I ask the guy.."Mind is I wonder for a few..? "Sure he says..you fall..its your problem..So I am kinda shifting through stuff when I find a few boxes marked DOLE syrup dispensor...so I open the first one and see part of a syrup machine..Hmm...as I go through more what I find..( but in pieces ..) is a Dole Director.Now its in pieces but it kinda looks complete...I see the compressor in one box..6 chrome handles ,..the syrup containers.I grab it all and head out.Guy never even cared if I came out or not.
   Now by looking at pics I am sure it is but man..its in bad shape..chrome is pitted but not bad,all the syrup holders are there.Now I am flipping out because I want to restore it but after seeing what they sell for and how the weight seems to be a problem.I ask a buddy and he says''Restore it BUT see if you can make it so it has a remote compressor.." Well I have never heard of doing that but I guess I can ask you guys...Is it possible to make this unit controlled by a remote compressor..? Is it worth it or should I just sell it without the compressor as a show piece.Most of the parts are headed to the blaster next week with the sides going to the soda blaster. Do I need to give you guys more info and is there a PARTS catalog available.??

stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 05:33:30 am »

No it's not possible to remote this refrigeration unit.  

I think what you found in the other box was the carbonator and not the compressor, and yes the carbonator can be remoted. The refrigeration is still in the top of the unit, that's why they are so top heavy. The compressor along with a very large and heavy aluminum cold plate.
It is a royal pain to disassemble a director and work on the refrigeration if you've never done it. It also sounds like you have parts for two directors as they only had 3 handles each.

Complete Directors can be had easily for under $100

Post a few pics of the remains!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: