SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 10:35:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My latest buy--a vintage slot machine  (Read 6720 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 12:01:49 pm »

I don't believe that they can be adjusted.  Just the math behind hitting a jackpot with three reels and all the combinations should make you not want to put your money into it.  But it's that chance of winning that compels us to throw our paychecks in there.  

I have seen where a machine would have a small nut and bolt in the cog to stop a jackpot.  The machine would let you get two of the three jackpots symbols, but as the last one gets ready to lock into place, the other geared piece would ride over the bolt and skip over the last needed jackpot position.  Darn the luck, it just skipped right past that winner.  tounge

I wanted a slot either a Watling or a Mills.  The Watlings are cooler looking.  The Mills are more affordable.  I settled for an Evans Winterbook, and Acme Roulette machine, and a Mills Vest pocket.  The Vest Pocket doesn't even look like a slot machine.  It is a stealth slot, made to resemble a vending machine.  One day, I would like a full sized machine.

A lot of stuff.
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 04:11:28 pm »

I have several of those type of keys,  does it have to have that exact number to work.  I will ck mine to see if I have a match on the numbers...

aspbear
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 06:54:54 pm »

Hi Tim, that a sweet slot, would love to have one some day, I'm still stuck with the (cheap) 1st gen electronic Ballys.

Here a link to down a manual for a similar style Mills Slot,  internally  most the older all mechanical Mills are all pretty much the same or close enough that you should find the manual usefully.

http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/mills%20777%20hitop.pdf

a new style Millers but still all mechanical

http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/Mills%20Model%20M.pdf

one more ...here's a link to a very old Mills catalog of machines called "Mills Automatic Money Maker"

http://rwatts.cdyn.com/download/mills%20automatic%20money%20makers.pdf
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:25:17 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine