SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 11:58:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slider help!!!!  (Read 2770 times)
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« on: June 03, 2013, 09:13:06 am »

Ok, I may buy a Ideal 55 Slider that has the rack removed.  It still has the actuator bar that will actuate when a dime is dispensed so I believe that is a good thing.  It also gets cold.  I have also noticesd that the inside front of the cooler  gets ice over it gets so very cold.  Is this normal?  I have 2 sliders that have racks (are complete) that are unembossed that I can part out and use.  My question is, "how difficult is it to remove a rack from one and install it in another?  The one I am buying is embossed and I want to get it working.

Please let me know.  I am hoping the rack removal is relatively easy.

Brian

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:14 am »

It's not hard Brian.  I removed the rack from my Glasco in about 15 minutes, and had never removed one before.

Just took a long look at it, and a bunch of pics before and during.  Turned out I didn't really need to sweat it.   I did get a call from Slider-Bob to confirm one step for me, but definitely not a big deal.

Go for it!

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:40:17 am »

BC,

Removing the rack from one to another is no big deal.  There is a small allen
 nut that will need to be lossened on the flapper.  Remove the cash drawer on the coin mechanism, behind the drawer there our (2) screws.  Once they are removed slide up on the cover and remove it.  There are (4) screw that hold the coin mechanism on the machine. Once they are removed the coin mechanism will come out and the flapper will slide of the coin mechanism rod.

Lastly remove (6) screws, (3) on each side they are below the rails. Slide the entire rack out and put in new machine.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:53:16 am by Slapshot42 » Logged
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 09:48:40 am »

I have also noticesd that the inside front of the cooler  gets ice over it gets so very cold.  Is this normal?  

Brian

The slider refrigeration coils are in the walls of the galvanized tub so that is perfectly normal for the walls to be cold!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:51:35 am by Slapshot42 » Logged
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:53:50 am »

BC,

Removing the rack from one to another is no big deal.  There is a small allen
an nut that will need to be lossened on the flapper.

Thanks for the reminder Jared - it was that small "set screw" on the flapper that was tripping me up.  That and the need to use a BFH/screwdriver combo to drive the rod back out through the flapper.  I didn't want to bang away without checking with someone first.  They can be stubborn after sitting together for decades.  A couple of taps got it moving pretty easily.  Cool

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 09:55:20 am »

Yes, the flapper has to be removed. It can be tough to remove that allen screw, especially after 50 yrs.  When I re did my Glasco that was the toughest part. (Getting the flapper off.)  I ended up having to drill out the allen screw and re thread and replace it. After that the rack was a piece of cake.  Those screw came right out.

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: