SMC Discussion Areas
July 05, 2024, 09:35:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Scales and Coffee Grinder? anyone know anything about these  (Read 2206 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: May 10, 2013, 12:22:02 pm »

I'm driving around the other day and see this pile of stuff behind a building .. it's a few pallets of old scales.. lots look like mid 50's late 60's , but there are a few older ones too with some neat castings and very art deco looking..
Not sure if these are worth picking up and doing something with? I searched online and see a few similar styles selling for 100-200 restored... these are unknown as far as condition and working ?

I think the older ones with the computing Scale Company look cool, so might grab them if I can cheap or free? who knows they are just sitting behind a building.

the other one is a Hobart Coffee Grinder.. the lettering on the front glass is faded but it looks complete.. kinda cool, art deco 50's look...

Thoughts?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 12:55:01 pm »

They look like older Dayton meat scales... you want the small Dayton 166 candy scales... that odd cast one probably is the best but needs a
lot of work and don't see them bring really big money unless it's a odd model number...
Don't know anything about the coffee grinder.. now if it was the old red wheel turning kind they can be big money, always wanted one of those.
Check Dayton 166 and Toledo 405 scales on ebay those are cool

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:04:55 pm »

I wouldn't mind having the coffee grinder myself. The only problem is with Hobart if it's more than 15 years old it's obsolete so finding parts would be fun. But it would be a neat piece to restore.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 05:15:31 pm »

We actually have that coffee grinder at my work. It's a display piece now but I think as of maybe 5-8 years ago it was actually used to grind coffee. I think we also have one of those scales in the lobby. The owner is using it as a decorative plant stand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: