SMC Discussion Areas
September 12, 2024, 11:27:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just curious........  (Read 2044 times)
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« on: February 25, 2013, 02:11:06 pm »

I was just wondering if Jim or any of the other moderators have ever considered having a place on the site where members could identify where they are.  I think it would be great to find other members who are located nearby, or at least relatively.  Would be nice if it could be included as part of our profile, or if we had a state by state listing we could add our names to.  Just a thought....................

Jack
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:18:39 pm by Jacko1070 » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »

We had one using Google maps version that is no longer supported. Don't like the new G-Maps. If you find some software give it a try.
Creighton
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:19 pm »

Jack,
I did implement this but it didn't really take off as well as I thought it would...
I thought it would be a great tool for locating local collectors, networking, and aiding with machine relocation or pick-up, etc, etc...

It's available for viewing from the Home Page User Menu which is only available when you have registered from the Home Page, I know, it's a glitch...
I recommend registering with the exact same info you utilized to register here at the Discussion Areas.
Once completed, the User Menu will become visible and you can click on SMC GeoMaps.

My six cents,

Jim

Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:41:53 pm »

thanks Jim & creighton......appreciate the info.  Always like to know where there's backup when the wife gets on my case for bringing something home   smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: