SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 05:33:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first machine in my house!  (Read 3135 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« on: October 11, 2012, 11:53:50 pm »

So after nearly 3 years of collecting , buying, and selling soda machines I finally decided to bring one inside.   I would have to admit I surprised how much space it took up.  My wife is a forgiving one and she has tolerated it, at least for the last 3 hours!!!

Do you remember the first machine you brought inside?  What was it? 

So far my daughter approves.. I tricked her put and put a few M&M's in there so she would at least look halfway interested!!   She is only 2 what else would you expect?  I think the crank handle is her newest toy it keeps her entertained for about 30 seconds at a time!   laugh biggrin
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 12:20:45 am »

Too cute, enjoy it. If every home in America had a 56 in it the world would be a better place.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:08 am »

Great pic!!
My RT-56 has been in the kitchen in the last three houses. More room for food in the fridge if the soda is in the machine :-)
Creighton
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:16:20 am »

Great pics Jared!
My children have always been my coin mech testers. They love to put money in and crank it over. You need a coin changer - teaches them money while having fun.
I have always had a machine in the house....and on the porch....and in the office....a few in the garage. Bedroom has always been off limits though and I can't figure out why.  tounge

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 07:21:50 am »

Great pics Jared!
My children have always been my coin mech testers. They love to put money in and crank it over. You need a coin changer - teaches them money while having fun.
I have always had a machine in the house....and on the porch....and in the office....a few in the garage. Bedroom has always been off limits though and I can't figure out why.  tounge

Unless all you want to do in there is have a Coke, I would follow that one!!

Tim
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:08:07 am »

Great picture.  I had a Westinghouse in my bedroom when I was sixteen, and a VMC72 in the same room when I was 20.  Back then everyone looked at me funny.  Now they think it's cool.

Warning:  Once you let one machine in........more will follow.  Usually what happens is that you and your wife will go out to dinner one night, and when you come back home you will notice that your machine had a wild party and invited some friends over, and they just wont leave, so you adopt them.  It's just all downhill from there. tounge

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 08:39:02 am »

My First machine in the house was a V110, and of course it was in the basement , down a long flight of steps... but she was a beauty.. slowly joined by a V39, then a V44, a V81 and then a v81 all in the same 28x12 Room... lets just say it was little tight!

currently i Have an original V81D, Original V44 in the basement now along with other items in the collection and a Glasco Slider and WE6 on the back porch... Plan is to restore the Pepsi VMC 81,  VMC81 Generic (Dr. Pepper, and the the VMC 7up 81 and get them downstairs Somewhere? we'lll see...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 09:50:28 am »

In ''93 I lived in a one bedroom garden apt. I bought a Vendo 83 with the conversion kit. Me and two other guys hauled that thing on an appliance dolly up the outside steps to the apt.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 09:52:39 am »

Me and two other guys hauled that thing on an appliance dolly up the outside steps to the apt.

Does your back still hurt?  laugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: