SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 05:41:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New addition to the Civil Defense collection  (Read 2811 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: August 28, 2012, 10:27:42 pm »

Thought you guys would like to see the newest thing I picked up for my Civil Defense collection. It is an old water barrel that would have been used to store water in a fallout shelter. Found it in an antique store today and I plan to use it to store the documents and film strips from my collection on. I figure this will be a much safer storage space for them instead of the high pile they are in now that could topple over at any moment. I think now the only thing I need to pretty much complete my collection (sort of I will always find something else to add) is one of the sanitation kits packed in one of the cardboard barrels, a functioning (or close to functioning) siren and some of the tins with those crackers in them. Here are a few pictures.

briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:40 pm »

Thats a cool find I like it

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:48:27 pm »

Thanks! It holds most of my collection pretty well and makes a much more stable base than a tower of papers on top of a cardboard box. Looks cooler too.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 06:17:28 am »

get a peice of glass for the top and make it a table

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 02:21:51 pm »

get a peice of glass for the top and make it a table

That would be pretty cool! I'm actually using it right now to store most of my collection. I can fit everything except a cardboard box that contains 3 high level survey meters and my civil defense helmet inside of it. Actually looks a lot better than a box with a huge stack of papers on top of it.
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 09:47:46 pm »

I hope its ok to say this, i have One of those for sale on craigslist. if anyone in the New York area is looking fir One let me know
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: