SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 03:32:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the soda shoppe  (Read 3527 times)
a-1burt
« on: September 08, 2012, 02:56:47 pm »

Cool  has anyone ever seen a soda machine that would drop a cup then add syrup then add carbonated water  i saw a machine it is a the soda shoppe model -TD serial  #3220 i will post pictures when i can thank you
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:30:55 pm by johnieG » Logged
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:10:50 pm »

There's a whole section on these forums dedicated to them - check out the Syrup Dispensers section.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 04:01:56 pm »

Yes,

I had one.  They are extremely heavy, and pretty advanced.

Send me your email I can send you pictures of the one I had.

I wouldn't pay alot for one...

Jared
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 05:18:02 pm »

I remember those as a kid.
Usually they were in the hospitals, or the muffler shops, or at the front door of a bowling ally etc....

Those were the days before Coke  and Pepsi took over with vending contracts at locations like schools hospitals etc....
Who here remembers the coffee that came in a cup as well, and the cups had these butterfly handles that you would pull out, and presto, a cup with a handle!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 08:12:13 pm »

I remember the coffee machine from the Tacoma, WA Greyhound station. Dad would always let me get soup while he had a coffee. The soup was terrible but I loved to watch the machine vend.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 08:14:15 pm »

I remember the coffee machine from the Tacoma, WA Greyhound station. Dad would always let me get soup while he had a coffee. The soup was terrible but I loved to watch the machine vend.

Oh, that was horrible soup.... Basically chicken broth from that cube like substance for cooking... BLA!!

Tim
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 08:17:26 pm »

Bouillion cubes - essentially a chicken-flavored salt cube.  <blech>

I always thought it amusing when you got the occasional lost/stuck noodle in your coffee.   tounge

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:15:14 pm »

Do I remember this...? Insert money. Make selection. Sound of cup dispensing. Soda being dispensed
down the drain because machine was out of cups!!
PLEASE. This is not meant to be a rant on these beautiful machines. But that is what I remember happening.
(by beautiful, I mean actual branded machines. NOT those generic "wall of no name" vending areas.)
JBVending

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 08:48:01 am »

I use to repair those "pain in the butt" machines. Took a full time crew to keep them running with a icemaker, waterbath, carbonator and syrup despensors for a post-mix drink. And yes, quite often the cup wouldn't make it to the cup station and down the drain went your drink. Batch brew and wet ground coffee machines were just as bad to keep going until the single cup machines came out.

JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: