SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 01:12:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United Regulation Shuffle Alley  (Read 5093 times)
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:40 pm »

Here is another one of my finds that I got not to long ago...1955 United Regulation Shuffle Alley..  While I didnt do anything to the cosmetics on it... I did go through all the relays, contacts, switches, and score motors... It is now fully functional... which I will say was a long process.. But I now feel after taking on this one and getting it working I should be able to take on almost anything ha ha ... It amazes me how it can keep score as it does through switches, relays, contacts,and motors...Its like a mechanical computer and it doesnt miss a beat.. Take a look at the pics and tell me what you think...thanks!...Brain...
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:33:32 am »

Looks great Brian,, all those wires just scare me though... wouldn't know where to start.

wish I had room for a ball bowler... I know a guy locally who has one asking 1500 for it.. not sure what they are worth, but it works..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 02:14:19 pm »

United's had great shuffle alley and bowlers.  Regulation was United's first game to use regulation scoring.  Before that, they would use 30 points for a strike and 20 for a spare, or something like that.

They are very time consuming games to take apart, if you do them right, but it is worth it in the end.

I have a United Falcon ball bowler, a United Embassy shuffle alley, and a Bally All Star Deluxe turret style bowler.  I prefer United's 1962 machines to all the other years.  Neat games.

A lot of stuff.
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:41:17 pm »

Hey Larry,  I do like the regulation scoring machines... I think these machines are neat... This machine here is for my brother.. he wanted it so now it is done and ready for him... this one here was a freebee..(cant beat that price) The only thing that I did to it was replace all the light bulbs in it and gave it a new set of pins and of course I went through every contact, switch, relay, and score motor... I agree it pays to go through these things... keeps them trouble free for endless fun!! I like the sound of some of the machines you have.... Im def. going to get a ball bowler next.. Have you ever seen a 1956 United ball bowler?...Thanks....Brian....
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 02:48:11 pm »

Hey John,   Thanks!!   When I first opened it up I was a bit scared myself...but once I dug into it you fig out quick what does what and so on... But I think all in all this machines looks good...and it is fun to play... But in time im going after a ball bowler... kinda like the 1956 United ball bowlers... Brian....
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:03 pm »

Very nice!! Quick question how do you guys clean the contacts. First spring project is my Speedway arcade.
Thanks!
Creighton
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »

I have seen the early fifties small ball bowlers but I like the 4.5" ball bowlers better.

I clean the contacts with red scotch brite.  I never had to file one down.  The switches usually have only 50v through them.  No serious arcing.  Never saw one welded.

The rivets on the steppers can have a light lubricant of teflon lube on them.  The contact points on the fingers are usually worn down (the rivets are never worn), but I never had one that HAD to be changed.  There's a lot of meat on them.  New contact points are available if needed.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: