SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 08:41:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke, Sprite & Orange Fanta - In glass bottles  (Read 8648 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« on: March 31, 2012, 09:44:40 pm »

Went to Wal-Mart tonight to pick up few things and ended up walking out with a case of Mexican Coca-Cola in glass. They were sitting on an end cap next to the registers along with Sprite and Orange Fanta. Wasn't cheap at $.98 but we don't have any Mexican Markets or any other venues to pick any up. Weird thing, I went back to the drink aisle and found no traces of glass there.

Brian
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 09:52:09 pm »

that is cool ive never seen that at wal mart sams maybe the wal marts here do have orange crush grape and strawberry in bottles ibc cream sosa and root beer in glass for under 3.00 a six pack. cann get mexican coke at sams about 17 bucks a case

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
Roadman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:16:23 am »

What size bottles, 8 oz? Does Mexican coke have a different formula?
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 09:10:31 am »

Roadman--the Mexican sodas are still made with cane sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup that they use here.

The Costco's in MI have carried the Mexican Coke in 12oz glass for quite a while now.  About $18 a case.  Last summer, Costco also carried original formula Faygo root beer in 12 oz. glass as well.  That was around $13 a case.  I wish they would pick up the other 5 flavors (red pop, rock & rye, creme soda, orange and grape) that Faygo bottles in glass in the original formula.  I would fill my USS 64 with those!

There is a chain of grocery stores in SE Mich called Busch's.  They have been carrying Mexican Coke, Sprite and Fanta Orange in 12 oz. glass for a while at $1.00/bottle.  They also have the Mexican Pepsi in 12 oz. glass for $1.00/bottle.  A bit pricey but they all taste better with the cane sugar formula instead of the HFCS.  Even the Pepsi--pretty hard for a Coke guy to admit!

drinking Tim drinking
Roadman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »

Thanks for the info Tim. Hey. Michigan is only about 4 hours or so from Buffalo, could be a road trip soon to get some real coke for my Cav USS64 that is being restored.  I wonder how much rousting I would get at the border  though?  Beer, Cigarettes, and now Mexican Coca Cola could get me strip searched!!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 06:59:38 pm »

Or take the long way home =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »

For the Michigan Mafia:

I was in Costco today and they had 20 bottle cases of Towne Club in 16 oz. glass bottles--Strawberry, Orange, Grape and Vanilla Creme.  It was about $13/case plus deposit.  Unfortunately it was HFCS but still a cool throwback to growing up in Detroit.  Intrastate Beverages in Detroit acquired the rights and is bottling it again.  These bottles should vend from the Cavalier USS machines because I have vended Boylan's 16 oz. bottles from mine and they are about the same size.  Might have to pick up a case and try it out.

Who remembers the jingle?

Towne Club is the pop for you
Try it and you'll see
Quality, Variety
and Economy

Lots of flavors you can choose
Regular and diet too
Its mighty nice and half the price
Towne Club its for you!

drinking Tim drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 08:07:30 pm »

Tim,
I've tried them at Christmas. The bottles vended out of my VMC 56 with no problem.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:50:32 am »

Roadman,

Went to SAM's club yesterday for a case of real sager made in Mexico Coke 12oz bottles.  But them in my beautifully  restored WD-5 for a few hours and kicked back an ice cold cocacola in bottles.  Wow, what a difference.   Come over and have one.  You will never want to go back to cans.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Foos

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 08:44:42 am »

The Mexican Coke I find at my Virginia Costco comes in a taller, skinnier bottle than a normal 12 oz.  As such it won't vend properly from my Ideal 35.  Has anyone else had an issue like that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: