SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 03:29:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tornado  (Read 5905 times)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 03:39:54 pm »

I hadn't heard about the storms, but glad you are ok.

I wonder if there even any tornado sirens around me.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 09:37:50 pm »

Interesting enough, my wife's two sisters both have houses in that subdivision Huron Farms in Dexter.  They made out ok, compared to many of the neighboring houses which were demolished.  Pretty crazy weather.
Wojcik
25 Cent Member

GO WINGS!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 10:36:38 pm »

Glad you and your family are OK! It didn't even rain here in Hazel Park.

1941 Stoner Theater Candy  (unrestored)
1947 Pop'Corn Sez Warmer  (restored)
1920's Coca-Cola themed cash register
S & S 700 7up ice chest
Vendo 81D
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:02 pm »

Well, I did not get a chance to help with the clean-up in Dexter because they had too many volunteers--a good thing.  However, I kept busy in support of my neighbors.  I sit on the Board of the Hamburg Pirate Youth Football Association and I was busy planning and organizing a fundraiser most of the day Friday.

What can you do with a motivated group of volunteers, over 27,000 returnable bottles and cans (worth 10 cents each), and many generous cash donations?  glare Well this past weekend the Hamburg Pirates Youth Football Association (Cheer and Pom too) held a fundraiser for the Dexter Tornado Relief Fund in front of the Kroger Store in Pinckney.  From 9 to 4 on Saturday and 9 to almost 6 on Sunday (we were supposed to end at 3pm both days), our youth football, cheer and pom players and parents collected cans and bottles for return as well as cash donations.  When we finally stopped accepting cans and bottles on Sunday we had 13 heaping grocery carts full of bottles and cans.  In two short days, we collected a total of $5,000 dollars.  happydrinkers Our program will be matching the total and donating a check for $10,000 to the Dexter Relief Fund.

It was amazing to see my community rally behind this event.  We had donations from as far away as Ann Arbor and Brighton because people heard about it through Facebook!  Organizing, executing an event like this and getting to see the generosity in your community will certainly restore your faith in mankind.  I am very proud of our little corner of Livingston County and the Pinckney and Hamburg communities.  It is great to have a day when everyone you see is showing their best side! biggrin

I can't wait to present the check to the Village Officials in Dexter!

drinking Tim drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 09:43:46 pm »

Nice Job Tim!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: