SMC Discussion Areas
October 04, 2024, 06:59:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: smc police says b careful  (Read 8241 times)
Cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 07:15:34 pm »

bonovox i make no specific reference to your machine, i am sure you can distinguish between original over spray and complete paint.  when i  bought my 81 7 up. i could tell just by looking at it that it was original, due to the price i was paying i still removed the liner to see the interior of the door.  it too also only had original over spray. the chisler i saw make a bogus rc 81 had an original rc 81.  it needed restoration to beat up to keep original.  he photographed the original prior to resto and documented restowith pics.  he then created the frankenstein rc 81.  hyped machine as complete resto in and out.  the original rc 81 had been in the owners family since new.  so when they got there machine back they had no doubt it was their original machine except for the fact that it was the fake and this scumbag kept the original. the whole point i'm trying to make is if this person now goes to sell, they will honestly think it was their original machine. 

thats why i copied the ebay listing the rc embossed signs were sold.  somebody bought them for Huh?  i personaly would not buy an rc 81 w/o removing liner and check to see that the backside of the door is virgin ha ha
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 08:27:59 am »

My Nichol Kola cooler was cut in half, on purpose (I guess it was used as a counter top cooler)
Anyway I took a donor cooler, had the bottom half cut off and welded/ground out on both sides since
both sides are visible... no seems... beautiful job. And the welder and I are still friends! Ha smile
He said it was a lot of work... had to shrink along the seems and weld in stages to keep from warping.
I'm just posting this to let you guys that are restoring know it can be done...
Not in reference to anyones machine.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: