SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 08:45:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF90 Parts Needed  (Read 3391 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: December 28, 2011, 06:14:16 pm »

After a few hour struggle trying to straighten out a front door panel from my VF-90, I had to give up.  You can see from the photos that I tried the metal shrinker in a ton of different spots, but nothing would get the bow out of it. 

The panel measures 11.75" x 15.25"...Any color or fixable dents would work, I can do all the body work on it (except the obvious shrinking of metal).  I know the VF90 isn't as common, so hopefully someone will be able to help out.  I would think a metal shop could fab up a new one for me, but I'll try here first.  You can see where the panel goes in the third photo, its right below the coin door. 

I also need the locking mechanism for the coin door, don't know where that ended up, its labeled #5 in the last photo.

Other parts needed if you have them: cap catcher, lock and tumbler, change/cap bezels.  I really just need to get around to ordering those from Rod.

Thanks!

Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 10:35:03 pm »

had a VF90 last year and parted it out may have the lock bar have to check this weekend.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 11:52:16 am »

Thanks Pat, I just scrubbed some of my photos from when I got the machine, and I can now see the lock bar in the bottom corner of one photo...so its bound to be somewhere in the garage!  I will let you know if I can find it anywhere.

Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 02:45:25 pm »

Well I've got to get into the top of my garage tonight for Rod and pull a part  so I'll pullthis out while Im there.  smile.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 11:16:31 am »

Well, I was able to find the door locking mechanism, fell behind the workbench...anybody have any thoughts on the panel, should I just have a metal shop bend one up for me?

Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:58 pm »

Yeah, I think I would .  And again if you need a lock bar let me know. smile
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 02:20:43 pm »

Just to follow up on this, I went to the local metal shop, and they built me a perfect replacement panel for about $50...maybe a little more than I wanted to spend, but I can't have a big hole in the front door!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: