SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 09:36:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: refill coke bottles  (Read 5760 times)
kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« on: November 01, 2011, 09:10:01 pm »

Well i just wanted to know if anyone has ever tryed to refill and cap any of there old bottles?I live in Toronto,canada and it is verry hard to find bottles that will fit in my vendo 39.The only store is a old 50's dinner and they want 1.50 a bottle.I have a full drum right now from a family member who just came back from Buffalo...I read on the internet of a guy who made his own beer and used same equipment to cap his old coke bottles.......
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:40:07 pm »

I re-fill my own botttles all the time. First chill the empties as well as the new product and fill slowly so you don't create much fizz. Cap them right away so the rest of the carbonation doesn't escape.
       Never use used caps, new ones are available at brewery suppliers as well as cappers..........although an e-bay search will always show many cappers available too.
       They don't stay carbonated as long as the store bought bottles do but will last about a month, enough for the average 39 home use.

Glen
kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:48:57 pm »

Thanks for the input.Now i know ill give it a try....
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:13:55 pm »

I have never tried it but I would think that you could minimize carbonation loss by using a racking cane, some food grade tubing and a spring tip bottle filler like you would use to fill beer bottles when homebrewing.  Those items are not expensive.

See here:  http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/brewing-equipment/bottling

The process works by siphone and you fill the bottles from the bottom up rather than pouring.  I may try it out and report back because I already have the home brewing equipment.

drinking Tim drinking
kev_7680
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 07:31:28 am »

If you can try it that would be great...I have enough emptys to refill drum...Finding full bottles is nearly imposable for me but i can buy beer making stuff off the EBay....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 07:56:51 am »

I seem to recall an old discussion thread on this topic. Search the archives for refilling or bottling.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 04:01:00 pm »

You're right.. This comes up quite often. I've re-filled ever since owning a 39.. Can't buy 6 or 8oz bottles here.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 04:56:30 pm »

I buy flavored pop like orange, rootbeer and lemon lime and fill in bottles and stock my machines with them for the kids too... pretty cheap way to get bottled pop and don't have to worry about it going bad... they drink it up quick!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: