SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:41:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help identifying Pepsi slider  (Read 4182 times)
detroittvguy

« on: August 18, 2011, 09:18:23 am »

Hi! This is my first post. I picked up an Ideal Pepsi slider, model 1050 50 2 on Craigslist for $50.00. There's next to nothing on the web about it. I'd like to know what year it was made and if parts will be hard to come by. It needs new gaskets all around and maybe some work on the compressor. Over the years I've restored pinball machines, gum machines and a Victrola. I've always wanted a slider, and this machine seemed too good to pass up. Attatched is a photo of a 1050. Not my photo, but it's the exact machine.

If anyone here is into Faygo history, here's an article I wrote for my website about The Faygo Kid.
http://www.detroitkidshow.com/The_Faygo_Kid.htm
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 10:15:34 am »

Welcome to the site!  It looks like you are from Michigan based on your handle.  If that is true, JohnieG is the guy to get in touch with to have the compressor and entire cooling system checked out.  He does great work.  Not sure what the availability of parts will be for that machine but I would check Fun-Tronics for the gasket.  They are a sponsor of the site and will likely have something that will work.

The first machine of many! biggrin

drinking Tim drinking
sgk101

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 02:39:27 pm »

I HAVE ONE OF THESE PEPSI SLIDERS,THE SAME AS THE PICTURE, BUT MINE READS FROM THE NAMEPLATE MODEL...... ID-50-5C-2 AND TO THE RIGHT OF THAT 42300.
YOU MAY HAVE MISREAD THE NAMEPLATE. AT ANY RATE, THAT'S ALL I KNOW ABOUT IT.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 08:13:34 pm »

It's a late model Ideal 55 basically. It was the last inception of the slider vendor by Ideal. it still used a mechanical coin mech/slug-rejector as the earlier models, and like those models , it doesn't still didn't give change either.. Oo

It's a similar style to the True & Beverage-air chest coolers of it's time. there were two loading door features ( depending which model it was) on one what appears to be the front of the machine is in fact the loading door, when you unlock the latch, the front hinges out so you can load the sodas into the rack. the other option was as the original series , and loaded through the side door. as I recall, these units were labeled as "made in Canada"

the compressor is a common 1/5 HP system, and is easy enough to service if need.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: