SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 09:30:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing a cooling deck  (Read 3067 times)
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« on: August 01, 2011, 06:13:18 pm »

Just how hard is it to remove a cooling deck from a machine? I have a Selectivend 1-A that I want to restore. I'd like to remove the cooling deck and coils and sandblast the inside of the machine and paint it. It doesn't really look that bad but all of the restos I see here look like brand new and I'm jealous. Is it just a matter of removing some bolts and it slides out or is it more involved than that?

Thanks for any info.
Steve

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:11:42 pm »

First build a stand to hold the deck and coils at the same height they are in the machine.
Goes better with two people to transfer the assembly to the stand. Careful to not bend or stress any cooling lines.
May be a couple of bolts towards the back that will not want to come loose. Soak with PB-Blaster for a day or so first.

Any luck on molding the the Selectivend wings?
Thanks,
Creighton
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 11:20:51 pm »

Funny you should mention the wings, I an actually going to work on that starting tomorrow. I have the clay I need and thought just today, Dammit, I need to get those molded as well as the selector button of yours that I have plus a few model parts so tomorrow is mold making day.  smile

Steve

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:34:41 pm »

Yea! No rush on my stuff. Hope it goes well.
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: