SMC Discussion Areas
July 16, 2024, 05:34:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tubes, tubes and more tubes  (Read 2442 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: June 26, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »

Recently, I acquired a whole load of tubes... probably a few hundred. I started trying to catalog them so I know what I have. I've gone through 2 boxes already, and have another 2-3 boxes to still look through. Looks like at least half are NOS boxed tubes, but there is also a big pile of unboxed tubes to go through as well. I guess its time to get a good tube tester. If anyone needs tubes for anything, let me know.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 02:39:32 pm »

Hey Ken,

Do you know what most of them were to be utilized for... antique radios, jukes, or other applications...?

I'll post a small list of amplifiers I could use some backups for...

Thanks ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 02:59:35 pm »

The guy I got them from worked for Western Electric. He is also an avid HAM op, antique radio restorer and general old school electrical guy. I believe the majority are power tubes, but I did see some audio tubes for sure. There are a few on the start of the list that fit my AQ160. I have 3 pages of numbers so far and those are the boxed ones. I have another beer case full of unboxed tubes I didn't write up yet.

A little background on where this stuff came from... I made the mistake of telling an old man that I am good friends with that I was looking for some tubes. My friend is 86yrs old and has been a lifelong radio and electronics guy. Some of his friends are starting to weed out their collections and I'm inheriting them. I've gotten 3 radios from the 20's and 30's along with this massive collection of tubes. I'll try to take some pictures of the piles of tubes I have to go through..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 03:05:57 pm »

I would be interested in seeing the list to see if any of them will fit my juke.  That willl give me a good reason to inventory my juke and make a tube list.

drinking Tim drinking
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:20:23 am »

Jim... I believe many are power tubes, but there are definitely some audio tubes in the mix. I've attached the list of what I have logged so far. These are just the ones that are in boxes. I marked a few as used as thats what is written on the box. I still have a lot more in boxes to go through, then I will start with the unboxed ones...

Tim.. let me know if you see anything that sounds familiar..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: