SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 04:11:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 72 - Sky High Craigslist Price  (Read 7301 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 09:40:43 am »

I have not problem with people offering stuff at a higher price to more or less "Feel out the buying market". Good for them, if they get a bite... but chances are they will not and prices will drop... but we all would love to get the most for something we are selling if we can?
Give it time,, as others have said.. if he truly must sell it , price will drop.. if he's just fishing.. chances are he'll just keep the line in the water and see what happens.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 10:53:32 am »

The problem with this guy is he's asking about 1 1/2 times more than what it's worth. I see this all the time though expecially with large coolers. I think they price them by the pound.
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 03:31:24 pm »

So just out of curiosity, if this thing did cool & vend, what is it really worth?

Not anywhere near $3500, but how much is a reasonably clean, unrestored, working Cav 72 worth?

And while I'm asking a hypothetical question, how much less is it worth if it has the smaller embossing on the door?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 04:08:04 pm »

I scanned and sent him the page from Jeff walter book and he was actually very appreciative. It turns out that the machine belongs to his wife and that is what she thinks it is worth and he said my email will help with a reality check. Usually when I do this in an email I get chewed out by the owner. It was nice to have actually helped.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 05:26:19 pm »

I think the 72 is right up there close to the 81 and 56 in disirability. If it isn't it should be. These are multi vend machines and are small in size. I would not take less than $1500 for my 72. I paid around $450
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: