SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 07:24:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V63 - Wire and Refrigeration Line Cover/Bracket  (Read 2738 times)
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« on: October 12, 2010, 06:58:24 pm »

I was wondering what material should be used in the cover/bracket that the wires and refrigeration line runs through between the lower deck and the bottom of the tub.  My bracket is quite corroded and has a dense, black, sponge-like material in it currently.  This material is quite dirty and deteriorated in my unit.  I would like to pull it out and clean/paint the bracket; however, I'm not sure with what I would replace it.  Is there a standard part that goes in the bracket?

Thanks!

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:27:54 pm »

I like to use strip caulk but you can also use expansion foam in a can and trim it once it dries. I have done the foam before. It makes a bit of a mess but it works. I rub a little baby or veg oil on the paint and anything else that you dont want it to stick to install the metal bracket and then spray in the foam. Then once it dries trim it to look nice and you can also paint it black or silver with a brush if you want to.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:09:33 pm »

I like using plumbers putty it works great  and it easy to work with  and it really wont mess up the paint.
and you can find it at you local hardware (true Value  or ace ) 
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »

Thanks, guys.  I have a tub of plumber's putty in the garage already.  I think I may go with that option since I already have it and it seems rather painless.

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: