SMC Discussion Areas
July 08, 2024, 11:11:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke bottle opener  (Read 6139 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 09:44:23 pm »

A keychain is an excellent idea, also makes harder to lose your keys.
I think it is too. I'm kind of wishing now that I bought the fountain machine handle. I could have epoxied an eye hook into the hole and made a really neat looking keychain.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 12:02:46 am »

I think I am going to post pics of the rest of the items I found there. I think I over paid for the 6 pack holder ($12) but it was the cheapest one in good condition I have seen here so far and I wanted one to bring with me when I go to the pop store so it worked out.

Pepsi can from canada

Ting can (We named a robot we built in high school TING TING so I thought it would be funny to buy)

Shelf life card for diet coke I think

Bottle caps

Pepsi 6 pack holder (I like this one because the logos match the ones on my machine)

johnnyfizz
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 09:12:19 pm »

Interesting thread.
I, today just bought this 32 oz returnable Ting bottle to go with your can.This soda was bottled in my home state of Wisconsin.
I recall drinking it (many flavors) in the smaller 7 or 10 oz bottles. There was an article about the soda and the bottler in "The soda spectrum" but I can't find it now. Neat stuff.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 09:30:20 pm »

That is pretty neat! You know there are tons of little independent bottlers I that I had no idea even existed untill I got on this site. I hope to go back soon and get that handle. The thing just sounds like it would make the most awesome key chain for my machine keys and really hard to lose too. The handle looked kind of like the ones on this machine. http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=701&Itemid=20
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 08:59:35 pm »

How old do you guys think the two caps on the right are? They say minimum contents 6 fluid ounces and have cork behind them. Just wondering.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 07:25:04 am »

The bottles  switched form cork to plastic in the mid 1960's,  I 'm not sure when "Minimum contents 6 fl oz" became standard.  Sorry i can't  zero it down closer

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: