SMC Discussion Areas
June 24, 2024, 07:34:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Couldn't Get it in the House!  (Read 5632 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 01:46:33 pm »

About the only way that I know to facilitate the listening of "old-time" radio broadcast's on antique radio's is to buy the desired CD or tape with the audio on it that you want and cable up the source to a Signal Generator.

I have an old Eico 324 Signal Generator that I use to adjust/tune old radios when I repair/restore them and they will perform this trick like a champ. You just have to make sure that you don't break FCC rules by having an antenna over 10 feet long.

Brian
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 06:53:18 pm »

Hmmm, you could get people thinking they were living a Twilight Zone episode with that trick....

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Marketblandings

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »

Amen to that, bronzegiant! I have totally abandoned terrestrial radio. It's just a junk heap. But Internet radio rocks!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 06:20:10 pm by Marketblandings » Logged
Marketblandings

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 06:31:07 pm »

A couple other tricks, BrianB: a surprising number of these old radios have aux inputs (or phono inputs - crystal cartridge phono inputs that can handle a line level signal). I am also going to find the right entry point into the output amp in a coulr of these radios (or would it be into an earlier stage of the radio? I'm a little foggy on just how big a line out signal from another consumer audio device is).
Also for the old radios with (non-Armstrong) FM, there's those 10 dollar FM transmitters for Mp3 players!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 06:36:57 pm by Marketblandings » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: