SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 05:33:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Newspaper Print Stamps. Really Cool Find. Anyone let me know if you want any  (Read 2328 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: June 27, 2010, 10:22:05 pm »

I went to a local antique mall a few days ago and found something kind of cool. They have a huge display from the old Cincinnati newspaper. They are all of the old advertising stamps from making the newspaper. They had several Pepsi double dot logo's so they are old. They are arranged in categories. They have automobiles, gas and Oil, Home Goods, Soda, and so on. No machines but lots of bottle logos. they have hundreds if not thousands of stamps. I attached a few pics of some of the cool ones. They range from $10 to $15. If anyone wants anything in particular let me know and I will look for you and pick them up. I have had food poisoning for the past several days but am better now so I can o sift through them if anyone wants anything. Just thought I would offer.

Also they had an odd looking western electric phone. It is round?? Is it worth anything? I think they were asking $65 for the phone. Is it worth anything. It is odd. The tag on the front says "Caution" in beg Red letters then "Western Electric"
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 10:26:15 pm »

More
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:42:04 pm »

I think the telephone was used in mines. Those are pretty neat. Were those stamps used in printing presses?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:50:48 pm »

Thats what I thought the phone was for. Yes the stamps were for the news print presses from the 1930's and 40's
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 10:53:40 pm »

That is pretty cool! I found this info on the phone. Interesting phone. http://www.jitterbuzz.com/indtel.html#we520
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: