SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 08:03:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeburg BL advice. Should I part out or Assemble???  (Read 4203 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: April 23, 2010, 05:35:29 pm »

Well I spent most of the day putting the seeburg BL I got yesterday back together. the cabinet is not great but its not too bad. It is savable. Now I am trying to decide if I should assemble it and sell or if I should part it out?  I need the money to help move. It looks like I have everything except the speaker and the glass dome. That itself is rather expensive. Does anyone know if the speakers on these are special? I know on the AMI's they had to be field coil speakers . Is that the same with Seeburgs? I know they don't use field coil speakers but are they special? I have 90% of the cabinet put back together. Here are some pictures of what I have. Give me your opinions.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:36:27 pm »

A ton of small parts. Looks like everything is there. Even the coin gear is there.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 06:28:19 pm »

I hate saying it, but part it

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:40:43 pm »

I think I agree. I have an idea. I know where I can get guts from CD jukes and was thinking about using the cabinet as a CD box. DO you think it would be something that would sell if it looked good? It would be neet to try. Or I could make an MP3 juke with a computer inside.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 07:25:22 pm »

I don't think the cd or mp3 setup would be good in that. Thats a good fix for a newer style box where you can't see the mech. What are you going to put under the glass to fill the huge void?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 08:50:08 pm »

I thought the carousel from a CD juke would look good under the glass in the machine.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:16:33 pm »

I sold a pair of Rockola 1422's to  guy from Ohio. He restored one, and  made the second one into a CD player. using a carousel  like you suggested.
I almost cried. What is it about you Buckeyes. What next, make a rifle cabinet out of a Vendo 44?

Historically,  the Seeburg B was the 1st jukebox built for the new fangled 45's.  It's not as  sleek as a C, or shiny and flashy like a 222 but it does have a certain charm

Part it  so another machine may live, or  sell it to someone who can appreciate  the clunky looks and being it back. Then look for a Wurlitzer or Seeburg in the  later 60's  to make into a CD player.

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 03:00:48 am »

Gotta Agree with Jim on this...
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 05:36:52 am »

Ok your right. I just didn't want to throw the shell in the dumpster. I will start parting it out tonight
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 06:27:46 am »

We built a new cabinet for my first machine, a termite  ridden Seeburg G.  While it  came out great, won't do that again.
if it's solid, not gouged or busted,  someone out there will need  it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: