SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 04:57:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Acquisition  (Read 9155 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 06:34:44 am »

Way Cool. From recent experience, prepare to be sore the next day. Oh yeah, Congrats Time !

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 11:31:55 pm »

Well, I first contacted the seller about this table almost a year ago and it is finally in my basement!  We went down to pick it up today.  My friend has a Ford F-350 and a 20 foot long enclosed car hauler and he agreed to help.  I made a few calls and found a local company called The Shuffleboard Federation in South Lyon, MI.  The table has been identified with 95% certainty as an American Shuffleboard Table.  They also gave me a few tips on moving the table.  Believe it or not, the playing field is just sitting on the cradle and is not screwed down or anything like that!  Of course, a 12' by 2.5' to 3' wide piece of 2.5" thick rock maple weighing close to 500lbs is not going to get up and walk away!

The table came apart easy enough but getting that playing field up a steep set of basement steps almost killed me.  Thank God that I have two high school football players who lift weights year round!  Here are a few pictures of the disassembled table.

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 11:36:24 pm »

A couple of the table loaded in my friend's sweet trailer.  Even has lights on the inside!

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 11:51:21 pm »

And finally, it is in my basement.  Still in parts but all the parts made it in one piece.  Luckily, my friend was able to back his truck and trailer down the hill into my back yard and right up to the door-wall in the walk-out basement.  I don't think I could have handled any more stairs.

I am going to clean everything up and get it re-assembled and leveled in the next day or two.  The playing field could stand to be re-finished but it will play like any other bar table as is!  Also have to clear off the ping pong table and get it on CL!

And Kilroy is right - - it is already tomorrow and I already hurt!  I may have to stay in bed all day tomorrow!   My advice is to hire the local high school football players to move your stuff!  You will feel a lot better in the morning!

Also, check out the last picture--it is a shuffleboard rules poster from American Shuffleboard that I found on E-Bay the other day.  I am going to get this framed and hang it over the table.

drinking Tim drinking . . . off to find the Motrin!
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 12:11:10 am »

congrats, that's very cool! you may want to chase the Motrin with some scotch.... just sayin'..... biggrin

Vendo 44, 63
Cornelius SVM48E3, Cornelius Diplomat
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
Watling Horoscope Penny Scale
gum machines, parking meter, taxi meter, pay phone, etc...
it's getting out of hand..
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 05:33:52 am »

congrats, that's very cool! you may want to chase the Motrin with some scotch.... just sayin'..... biggrin

A man after my own heart! biggrin

Nice find Tom.. that is a cool addition!

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:46:00 am »

Congrats Tim, looks to be like it iwll be fun
I'm supposed to be bringing the bowler to the new place this weekend, so I've added motrim and Scotch to the  " Need to Get"  list.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 07:46:14 am »

Chased it with a few Labatt Blue Lights! happydrinkers Cool

Still sore today though not as bad as I thought I would feel!

drinking Tim drinking
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 08:25:29 am »

Very cool, great table, sure wish I had room for one.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: