SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:29:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Collision + Coke Machine..... Good or bad idea?  (Read 3285 times)
jnapp18
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:33:40 pm »

Don't be too thrown off by the title... I am considering having Austin-Spencer, a car repair company to repaint my Coke Machine. The machine runs and I just want them to do the paint.
1) is it dumb for me to have somebody do JUST the paint.
2) If i do just the paint will that increase the price?
3)Should I trust this company to repaint my machine, I hear they do a very good job on cars.

Thanks All
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:23 pm »

All of the machine I have had painted by other people have been at auto body shops. I have even had Maaco paint a few machines. as long as I did the body work Maaco did a great job. It depends on what you want. If you want a full restoration then the auto shop isn't the best idea unless you are doing the tear down and all of the other work yourself and just having the paint done at the body shop. If you really just want the machine to look good and have a slick paint job and you don't mind the areas that you don't normally see not being done then it is just fine. It really depends on what you want in the long run. Usually for someone that just wants a machine for their garage or basement a repaint would be plenty.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 09:27:48 pm »

I have a body shop do all my work body and paint , I will break them down all the way and get them down
to bare metal , before they head to the body shop.

Then  I do the reassemble of the machine . smile
jnapp18
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:11:17 pm »

Thanks guys, I think the guy is going to come bye my place to have a look at the machine and we'll see where that takes it.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 04:55:49 pm »

My Cavalier was painted by a body shop.  I broke everything down, told them that it wasn't a rush job, and I paid with cash...so I got a pretty good deal.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
jnapp18
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 09:12:48 pm »

what type of price should i expect, and should i let them to the hand painting..
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 11:19:23 pm »

As for the letter painting if they have a custom painter on site then yes. My shop has a guy that is awesome at hand painting and pin striping. as far as price it depends on what they are doing and how bad the machine is. for a standard descent machine for body work and paint job I would go for about $1,500 to $2,000 depending on what the customer wants. With filler, primer, base and clear it is easy to have $800 to $1,000 in materials alone plus time. It depends on where you go. Like Maaco using Sherwin Williams Dimensions base clear they may have only $200 in materials but they don't use sealer primer and take the time to shoot multiple coats of primer while blocking to get a perfectly smooth machine and then lay several coats of base and clear making sure everything is perfect. In my shop if it isn't 100% we start over and redo it until it is 100%
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: