SMC Discussion Areas
June 13, 2024, 06:11:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Condensor fan question  (Read 4395 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: January 14, 2010, 09:01:52 pm »

Ok today I had to investagate some noise in my machine and it turned out that there was this piece of what looked like a heavy duity cardboard with a hole cut into it around the fan blades of the condensor fan. Well there was only half of it left and a piece about an inch of it was hitting the fan blades so I had to cut some of it off so it would no longer hit it. My question is is this an important part that I need? I don't know what it does but I do know that there is almost none of it left and if I do need could someone tell me where to get it? Sorry about being so vauge in the description of this part but I really do not know much about it.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 10:01:02 pm »

It is called a fan shroud - purpose was too concentrate the fan's pull through the condenser fins thus improving efficiency.
You can buy a replacement from Fun-Tronics - you'll need to measure the dimensions (HxW) of the condenser as there are different sizes.
Usually attached with 2 screws on each side and a couple of clips on top.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 10:24:46 pm »

Could I make one? Looks like it was just some cardboard or thin MDF like the stuff pegboard is made of.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 07:35:40 pm »

If Fun-Tronics doesn't have the correct fan shroud, you could easily make one from black poster board.
You could even eliminate the circle; create the shroud cover to three sides and extend just past the fan blades increasing air flow through the condenser.

My six cents,

Jim

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 08:47:04 pm »

I like the idea of building it to increase the air flow. I will have to try that.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:24:47 am »

Got another question about this motor. How do you remove the fan from the shaft? I was trying to do that so I could clean the blades off but I could not figure it out.
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 11:43:54 am »

The fan blade is usually held on by either 1/4" nut or a flat washer type nut. Some times you have to take the entire fan motor assembly with bracket out to get to these parts.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 11:36:08 pm »

Ok I was looking at some pictures of vendo machines on here and I noticed that there was a piece of cardboard on the side of the vent on the bottom to help channel the airflow to the condensor. Would that help my machine be more efficent? Also where can I find a new fan shroud? Here is a picture of what I am  talking about. http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=570&Itemid=14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: