SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 03:54:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing handle on Vendo 39  (Read 3763 times)
Ilikecoke6

« on: February 26, 2010, 02:42:38 pm »

Hi Guys,

Ok, So I think i need to remove the handle on my Vendo 39 since it seems to have too much play in it. It slips too easly when i press it to vend.  So, how do i go about removing the handle? do i have to remove the coin mech first?

Thanks a lot.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:39:45 pm »

It's easier to remove it while the coin mech is still installed on teh machine, less to hold. there is a small pin that holds the handle onto the coin mech shaft. open the coin door, and behind the backing plate you'll see this pin that is somewhat C shaped, but elongated. you need to remove this pin which can be tricky, but once it's off, the handle slides right off.
Goodl luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Ilikecoke6

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 09:08:56 pm »

Hey again,

I'm trying to better understand how much pressure should be used on the handle? I'm just thinking that maybe I'm pressing it too hard. Any thoughts on how it should feel.

Thanks
ton
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 09:30:03 pm »

It should crank over without much effort as long as coins are in there. Sound like you may be binding somewhere.
Pictures speak a thousand words. Post some.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:09:32 am »

Like Tom said,
as long as you have a coin/coins in the coin mech, you only need to put minimal pressure on the handle and the drum will turn. if the handle is giving out without turning the drum then yes you have a problem.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 09:17:07 am »

Lets start w/ the vending drum:
With the cabinet door open,can you easily rotate the drum actuator(on the right side, lines up w/ the rod & pin through the door) and release to simulate a vend cycle...? If not, you need to figure out what may be wrong with this part of the vend cycle...

While closing the cabinet door, ensure the drum actuator(coupler if you will) lines up with the rod & pin passing through the cabinet door. If the cabinet door has any hinge sag, this could cause an issue with alignment.

OK, manual operation of the vending drum is functioning, cabinet door closes and engages the coupler and coin mech rod/pin properly.

With the coin door open, the crank handle in ready position(not rotated back after opening the coin door), place a dime in the dime slot of the two coin slots. One is for a dime, the other is for two nickels, they are different widths. Usually, the dime slot is toward the machine and the nickel(s) slot is closer to you. With the dime in correctly, rotate the crank handle clockwise, you should hear a slight "thud" of the drum rotating, release the crank handle which should spring back which will lock the drum into its vending position. Now one bottle can be removed.

Note although out of order: prior to closing the cabinet door, you might want to verify coin mech operation w/o engaging the vending drum. Just leave the cabinet door open and then proceed with the step just above

Sorry, I do not have detailed photos at my disposal or I would add this to the Tutorials & Tips Forum...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:19:04 am by Jim » Logged

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: