SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 02:18:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of the best times.  (Read 1635 times)
Pat Pixley
« on: December 02, 2009, 12:34:37 am »

was going through some of my old custom classic Trucks magazine's and read BC's Garage and wanted to share , I think we are like this, a garage with some great guys sharing info and helping each other out. smile

Some of the Best Times

Writen by Bob Carpenter

What could be more fun than hanging with you bubbies? Even on those days when you aren't really getting anything
done, It's a bunch of fun to swap stories, compare  ideas, and dream about the finished projects will eventually  turn
out.
The Friendships that develop in the garage are usually the ones that last the longest. Maybe that's because it's  usually
not competition . ideas are  freely shared and  accepted Any time one friend has a problem with a vehicle that seem unsolable
someone else in the group comes up with a great solution.

I've never felt like the answer man myself . When I try to fit a new part  and nothing wants to fit, I'm often left frustrated with no
hope  in sight . Then  a buddy offers  another  perspective (hey if you use those other engine mounts you've got sitting up on
the shelf over there, the steering shaft would clear just fine) and I'm back in business.  Alot of times it's not just one person's idea that solves the problem , it's the combination of two or even three people scratching their heads in search of the solution.

The Method of problem solving is very unstuctured and unplanned  sociologists woundn't be able to figure it out  and
categorize it - heck , they might not even notice it happening if they were in the same room.

We all have a friend that has the wealth of knowledge that has a idea to solving  some problem that was being mulled over in the garage,I sure most of you know some some one like that , He always figure's  out a way to get around  a problem. He seems  to know  exactly which part will work and then knows how to fabricate it to work right .   He  never stops thinking
about stuff . 

Some of the best times I've had  building a truck  were when no work was getting done. Sometimes only ideas get worked on, and we can really polish them to a luxurious shine.
 I  Just can think of a better way to spend  the day than in the garage with some buddies. If you get any work done that is just a bonus.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 07:20:27 am »

AMEN! so true..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine