SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 03:23:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ugly, but free!  (Read 8608 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 11:50:41 pm »

Not a USS 64 but still a nice old Cav.  That machine is a great garage machine if you decide to keep it.  If you want to make a buck or two just clean it up and sell it.  If you are careful when you remove the woodgrain, you may find that the machine has a nice paint-job underneath!

drinking Tim drinking
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 12:36:25 am »

Your stack has been robbed of the gates to make it free vend. Other than that they are nice. You machine is  CS-64G. I have had dozens of them. Here is a before and after of the same machine.
Bent Coin Return

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 03:54:47 am »

Wow, it looks like it is really great shape and you certainly can't beat the price. I know that vinyl wood grain is passé to most, BUT you can always get a red machine somewhere else and leave it just as it is. I doubt you can ever get new vinyl to replace it if it was ever damaged/removed. The wood grain machines in excellent shape are going to be harder and harder to find in the future and yours was for a special market. I feel that yours is one of those machines that could become more valuable because of it's low production and peoples quickness to trash them. It would be harder to restore it in the future to it's current configuration than to acquire another machine that is all red. Just look back through history and see all of the things (Mod Top Plymouth cars come to mind) that were altered because the prevailing wisdom was it was "garish, ugly, dated", etc. were destroyed or altered from OEM standards and lost their value. Where as if it hadn't it would fetch a premium. SO, if you don't like it, sell it to someone who does and get  a machine you do like or hang on to and enjoy it for what it is. Don't be hasty to alter it just because people tell you to. The money it would take to alter it could be spent easily to fetch a machine you prefer.

Cavalier USS-12-96
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 05:59:24 am »

I have personally had two brown CS-64's that once torn down I found that the bottler had painted it brown to put in an office. It had originally been red and white. Look on the bottom or the machine and see what color it is.
Bent Coin Return

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 03:38:34 pm »

I doubt it is a repaint. Look at the door it's brown inside. Most repaints won't even bother painting things unseen when in service.

Cavalier USS-12-96
Bent Coin Return

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 03:39:54 pm »

Oh yeah, and the screw heads are not painted either.

Cavalier USS-12-96
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: