SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:54:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Show Comes To End  (Read 2441 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« on: April 06, 2009, 06:48:21 am »

Wow it's hard to believe that the April show is over. Janet and I really enjoyed meeting everyone Thursday night at dinner and at the show. Next time we'll have to use the back section so that we can get everyone at one table. The weather this show was brutal. Janet and I loaded everything up Sunday around 3:00 pm and we were loading in sleet. We drove in rain and sleet all the way home. We got in around 10:00 pm. We had a really good show, and it seemed like people were still spending money. I think prices on most things have reached there limits, but didn't really notice that things were getting cheaper either. The way things looked to me was that things are leveling out.  There were a lot of great items to be had this time. I didn't get a chance to buy a lot this trip, because I already had a pretty full load. I did manage to get a nice original Tom's peanut dispenser, and a Stoner gum machine. ( Will post pictures later) Did anyone make the trip to Jasper's house?? If so how was it this time?? Really enjoyed the Chicago show this time, and all the people at the show are really geat.  drinking
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:32:46 pm »

I was wondering if the "Jaspers House" tour was offered again through COCA.??

If so I would have loved to go to it again... I went a few years back and WOW... still can't believe the collection.. I hope it's offered again.. I'd join and pay the 35 dollar fee just to see it again!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 03:48:57 pm »

Who is Jasper?

Glen
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 03:53:36 pm »

Hey John:
Yes they offered the tour this time. You had to be a C.O.C.A member. I went a few years back and it was well worth it. They probally won't offer the tour again for a few years.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 11:10:19 pm »

Jasper Sanfillipo, his Family Founded the Fisher Peanut company or something like that.. Jasper has an incredible (to use us the word lightly) collection of Antique music players, vintage arcade, penny game types, Jukes, organs, Merry go rounds, and too many things to name... His MANSION is filled with stuff, and occasionally a group from the Chicago show known as C.0.C.A (Coin Operated Collectors Association) I think get to go.. I paid the 35 membership fee one year , just to go see this collection.. Words can't describe it and the webstie hardly does it justice but can be seen here.
http://www.placedelamusique.org/index.html
i'ts just one of those places you can't describe to someone... have to see it...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: