SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 08:09:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Been really busy  (Read 3017 times)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« on: March 28, 2009, 04:23:15 pm »

I've been really busy for the last year or so collecting, restoring and racing the national circuit on my vintage dirtbikes. I'm looking forward to spending more time on coke machines once again. The vintage dirtbike scene is really similar to the soda machine collectors, everyone eager to help each other out. Here's a couple of photo's to share with you of my bikes that I restored and race. 5 of my bikes have won best bike awards at national events.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:28:02 pm »

Congrat's on your awards Terry, but restore then RACE them? ouch!  help

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:38:08 pm »

Cool!! Great job.
Creighton
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:34:15 pm »

Thats awesome Terry... what class is that or are they all different?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 03:48:37 pm »

Thanks Guy's,
Bubba- I have been racing several different classes. I ride 73 250 elsinores in the Vintage/sportsman 250 classes. Ride a 79 KX250 in the GP250 classes, ride a 79 RM400 in the GP50 class and ride a 83 CR480 in the 40+ and open age classes. It's alot of fun and I've met quite a few of the legends of MX at various races. These guy's were the world champions from the 70's and 80's. Brad lackey, Marty Tripes, Marty Smith, Gary Jones, etc. just to name a few. At one of the nationals Gary Jones rode my 480 in practice with us, that was pretty damn cool, Gary's like the modern day Ricky Carmichael.
I raced several classes on the national circuit last year, travelling all over the western states. When we weren't travelling we were rebuilding bikes. Please don't think I'm bragging I'm just sharing my experience with you guy's.
Won the National championship title for the following classes in 08-
AVDRA-
GP2 250cc
GP2 500cc
Open age-
40+ age class
AVDRA 08 Ironman winner.

AHRMA-
GP2 250cc
GP2 250cc Best of the SW
40+ age class best of the SW

ARX-
40+ age class
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:50:08 pm by sodaworks » Logged

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 09:45:57 pm »

Thats awesome Terry... congrats on your accomplishments.. very impressive.. Out of curiosity... how old are you? I'm only 38, and riding a 4wheeler  for a day is rough... you've gotta be in pretty good shape for that...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 06:13:13 am »

Wow Terry I agree with Bubba. You must be in shape. I know who all those guys are that you are talking about. I use to race on the pro curcuit back in the late 80's. I also raced a lot of national Hare Scrambles. Those will tear you up. Then a few years back I was racing local and had a bad spill and shattered my wrist really bad. At that point I decided to give up the racing part and just ride for fun. I really like your photos of your vintage bikes. They are a lot of fun to work on. How many do you have? Do you restore them to sell or just for fun for your personal collection? Looks like you got the best of both worlds. Motorbikes and Soda Machines. The only way it could get any better is by start restoring muscle cars.  biggrin
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: