SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 09:17:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner 120 on Ebay  (Read 7066 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 08:53:34 am »

Both look great Larry! I'm sure you'll get one sold...
I'll talk with you soon!

John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 09:51:02 am »

Larry , very nice work,how long would you say it took you time wise to get these
to show room quality ?   They are way to nice Cool.

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 10:13:40 am »

Bcharlton  The stainless tray was hand polished with Flitz.  The candy holding tray is painted white and I striped the paint off the flaps and chromed them.  The inside pic is on Ebay.

Jeff thanks for the compliment.  I didn't take the inside grey unit apart and paint it like Curtis did for yours.  Yours is much nicer, but thank you for the kind words.

Pat I spent a good day stripping the old lead based hammertone paint off.  It's tuff when you don't have a sand blaster.  Many days of disassembly and cleaning, polishing, lubing.  I even took the back tubes off and dry lubed all the back candy tray holders.  I had to take the coin changer apart.  Plus the trips to the painter and chrome guy in Addison. 

Then last weekend I decided to work on the gum machine.  It was rusted so originally I was going to leave it alone and just give it away with the machine, but I took it all apart.  Used some Kroil to loosen the rust, sandpaper to remove most of the rust, then engine degreaser to get rid of the Kroil, and finally some dry Teflon lube.  It works fine now.  I must of spent at least five hours on that alone.  I even had the wife go to the glass shop to get that back piece made so it would be complete.  I figured it could be a bonus to whoever buys the machine.  I couldn't answer the total hours.  Too many to count.  Cheap labor though...free! tounge tounge

Here's a picture from when I bought it on Ebay five years ago.  I just don't like the gum machine attached to the candy machine.  Also, there is a picture of the JR.

A lot of stuff.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 12:18:14 pm »

Nice restorations,
I am kind of partial to the Jr myself but both look great.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 10:27:17 pm »

Larry, that must be a defect with the CC Jukebox machine since I have the same issue.  I also replaced the bulb and tried to dust off the photo cell but after playing for awhile the spinner doesn't always register points.  Otherwise the machine works great,  the CC machines don't get favorable reviews but I've always had pretty good luck with this one.

Thanks-David
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: