SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 02:19:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The deal of the century . . . then again, maybe not!  (Read 4176 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: March 04, 2009, 08:52:05 pm »

I called a guy on a CL posting for what looked like an old Cavalier 6 Case Master dry box wth all of the works removed.  He was practically giving it away and it looked like a good party ice box for the deck so I called him.  Unfortunately (not really) the ice box was gone but he told me he had 5 older round-top machines that he had not yet listed on CL and if I was interested I could come take a look.  oh

I was going to be in his neighborhood anyway so I figured what the hell.  Who knows I might stumble across a V-44, a V-81, a CS-72, an RC Vendolator 81 and a Decapper!  A guy can dream, can't he!  hopefull

Well he had three machines with a V and 44 in the model numbers but they were:

1.  VMC 144SA Coke
2.  Vendo V-144--all red with the yellow sign

glare glare glare Is your back starting to hurt yet??? glare glare glare

3.  Vendo V-144--Red/White with the polished metal front
4.  Cavalier CS-124--This one was nice as the cabinet had been bumped out and repainted.
5.  Vendo V-83

He also had a Vendo 6 Case but it was a bit rough.

All appeared to be relatively complete but in need of work and coin mechs.

Needless to say, I passed but if anyone is interested, PM  me and I can put you in touch with the guy.  He is willing to deal if you take the whole lot.

The first 4 machines would be good for weighting down the corners of a mobile home in a tornado prone area!  biggrin laugh

drinking Tim  drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 09:27:54 pm »

Yu gotta' feel sorry for these guys holding on to these machines, hoping they
are worth something, and you gotta' feel sorry for these machines hoping someone
will rescue them before they go to the crusher   help

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 07:18:09 am »

Tim,

Was the sign in good shape...?

My six cents,

Jim

sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:00:35 pm »

My back aches just thinking about it. 

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:01:34 pm »

I went back to see this guy to pick up another machine that he had recently posted on CL.

He had his shop a little more organized and the machines were easier to see.  I was able to get some pictures of the V-144.  It is an original machine and is in unbelievable shape.  Clean as a whistle with barely a mark on it.  This machine must have been inside and well-cared for when it was in service.  Only thing missing is the original coin mech and it looks like the compressor fan was replaced at one time because that is white.  Jim-he won't sell the sign without the whole machine going with it and it would be a shame to separate the sign from such a nice original working machine.  I am tempted to buy it but my back keeps speaking up.  I may go for it anyway oops plus I may grab the 144SA tounge for the extra parts to complete the one that I have.  He is not sure what works on the 144SA but the coin door and main door are near perfect where mine has a lot of bumps and bruises.

Oh well, I thought people would appreciate seeing a pretty darn nice original V-144.  To the pictures.

drinking Tim  drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 08:03:56 pm »

A few more of the inside!

happydrinkers Enjoy! happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 10:46:52 pm »

AWESOME looking V-144, Tim!  I'd almost have to find room for something that original and nice looking!  My buddy has one just about that size, and I've helped him move it a few times...not a big deal with the right dolly and effort.  Besides, it could keep enough soda/beer cool to last a good while!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 02:24:58 am »

I like them! I think you should go get it if the price is right. If you use an appliance dolly instead of a standard two wheeler it really isn't that bad. They are heavy but it is very well distributed. If you have room for it I think you should go get it.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 05:41:14 am »

I wouldn't think twice... Grab it man.... Grab it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: